Product Designer (UI Design)
Who We Are:
Omaze is a venture-backed startup with a mission of transforming lives through the power of storytelling and technology. Our for-profit platform offers people everywhere the chance to win a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Since our founding in 2012 in Los Angeles, California; Omaze has raised more than $100 million for over 350 charity partners. We’re growing our team of smart, dedicated, passionate people, and that’s where you come in!
Who Were Seeking:
Our ideal Product Designer is a passionate customer advocate with strong interaction and visual design skills. They have a desire to craft polished, easy-to-use, and engaging experiences for our users. They think holistically about how the brand’s visual identity impacts the user experience. Someone who isn’t afraid to challenge assumptions with a keen desire for ownership and accountability. An experienced designer who can look ahead to where we need to be to delight our users; and can collaborate with our team to get there.
What You’ll Do:
- Think big and understand how to work iteratively and cross functionally towards your vision.
- Illustrate and communicate complex design solutions across use cases by creating process flows, wireframes, prototypes and high fidelity mock-ups.
- Develop and maintain detailed design documentation including specifications, interaction patterns and style guides.
- Collaborate throughout the product development lifecycle to iterate on and deliver a user experience that meets the highest quality bar.
- Advocate for our customers, fixing what's not quite right and smoothing the customer’s journey through the product.
- Identify future opportunities, working as a key thought partner across the organization.
- Continuously improve our UI and UX standards. Stay current on design trends and customer feedback.
- Refine the Omaze design language and own rollout of new brand identity across our customer journey.
- Build and maintain our atomic design system and libraries for our site and digital touchpoints.
- Develop responsive grids and communicate design specs across devices.
- Ensure visual integrity in the features we ship.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop content strategy to support the entire customer journey.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years experience in mobile, product, interaction or interface design
- Self-starter who is creative, results-driven, human-centric and empathetic
- Can effectively articulate their design thinking and decision making
- Must have a thorough understanding and knowledge of UX trends and best practices
- Is a champion of collaboration and team building
- You are committed to quality as a top priority — you pay attention to detail and take pride in it
- Deep knowledge and experience delivering UI and prototypes with modern design tools. Figma experience preferred.
- Demonstrates success in creating a visual & experience language for web and brand experience
- Experience defining and maintaining documentation of visual standards and usage for web style guides
- Experience working directly with engineers to effectively communicate design specs from concept to launch
- Has a portfolio demonstrating their collaborative process and an impressive sense of typography, color, photography, illustration and other contemporary design trends
- Passionate about voicing your opinions and are humble in receiving feedback
- You have a track record of trying and learning new things and are not afraid to learn through failure
A plus if you have
- Ecommerce Experience
- Experience with Jira, Confluence and Agile methodologies
- Experience running user testing and other qualitative research methods
- Experience leveraging motion, animation, and transitions
- Experience with A/B testing, ideally using Optimizely
- Experience designing, prototyping and maintaining style guides in Figma