Who We Are:
Omaze is a venture-backed startup with a mission of transforming lives through the power of storytelling and technology. Our for-profit platform offers people everywhere the chance to win a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Since our founding in 2012 in Los Angeles, California; Omaze has raised more than $100 million for over 350 charity partners. We’re growing our team of smart, dedicated, passionate people, and that’s where you come in!
Who we are Seeking:
As a senior member of the engineering team, you are an experienced software engineer. You are the champion of best practices for writing well-tested, well-organized, scalable code. You are collaborating with product and other engineers. You will be a leader on defining architectural and technology recommendations, mentoring and learning from your team while building great customer experiences.
What You’ll Do
- Develop front-end architecture and code for our consumer facing products, platforms and internal tools
- Collaborate and work with a team of engineers on engagement of our member community
- Interface with stakeholders and partners and transform ideas into technical and architectural requirements
- Mentor, learn and collaborate with other engineers and leads
- Collaborate with product, because we do things together, and build a world class socially engaging platform that delights our users and raises money for charities that impact the world
- Have lots of fun because we are a fun group who takes our work seriously, but not ourselves
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Strong front-end experience, but able to build a full stack application
- Ability to design and implement robust and scalable code
- Testing with Jest and React Testing Library (or similar)
- Less/Sass, NPM/Yarn
- ReactJS and it's core principles along with popular Flux workflows like Redux
- Familiarity with Microservices and APIs
- Writing standards-compliant, accessible markup and styling using CSS preprocessors or css-in-js
- Familiarity with designing high scale architectural patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Professional experience with multiple programming languages
- Using, designing and building RESTful APIs
- Experience with AWS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ecommerce Experience
- Experience with GoLang
- Track record of doing integrations with third party products such as Contentful, Shopify, Prismic
- Linux, DevOps, CICD
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical/scientific degree
- The desire and ability to learn quickly
- You want to work on software that is changing the world and you're passionate and obsessed about creating intuitive, scalable products
- Ability to work effectively in teams
- Curious and lives by the mantra of continuous improvement
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative
- Highly-responsive with demonstrated sense of urgency
- Positive attitude
- You are committed to quality as a top priority — you pay attention to detail and take pride in it.
- You are excited to share and learn from your teammates about crafting amazing user experiences.
- You are passionate about voicing your opinions and are able to be humble in receiving feedback.
- You have a track record of trying and learning new things and are not afraid to learn through failures.
What’s Different About Us
- Big Impact - You will a part of the Omaze team mission of people dedicated to making a difference by raising money for charities all over the world
- Growth - We are in a growth phase and you will be influential in scaling our engineering organization and helping build the next great thing
- Unique Culture - We live by our values. We have a mission unlike any other company and have the opportunity to be the best at what we do. We have already raised over $100 million for charities.
- Glassdoor CEO rating is 100% and 77% “Recommend to a Friend”
- We love having fun!