Who We Are:
Omaze is a venture-backed startup with a mission of transforming lives through the power of storytelling and technology. Our for-profit platform offers people everywhere the chance to win a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Since our founding in 2012 in Los Angeles, California; Omaze has raised more than $100 million for over 350 charity partners. We’re growing our team of smart, dedicated, passionate people, and that’s where you come in!
Who We're Seeking:
An organized and efficient Paralegal to help streamline every aspect of our fundraising campaigns by managing all back-end legal & compliance processes. You will create best practices and support the Business Development, Partnerships, Marketing, and Content teams on legal process-related matters.
Here at Omaze, the topics we deal with in Legal fall under a unique cross-section of professional fundraising, international sweepstakes, and licensing. We ensure the necessary documents that are required for us to make once-in-a-lifetime opportunities happen are in place.
You will be an integral and valuable member of the Omaze team and have the goal of increasing efficiency and building an even stronger foundation for Omaze. You will gain experience in the highly specialized worlds of nonprofit fundraising and sweepstakes regulations while working in a fast-paced environment at the nexus of social good and technology.
- Draft, review, and manage dissemination and execution of contracts with nonprofits, brands, studios, influencers, and marketing partners
- Help keep us current with agreements, perform regulatory filings, and manage copyright and trademark filings
- Work cross-functionally to maintain alignment and facilitate proper communication between departments
- Participate in calls and represent the best interests of Omaze
- Serve as a contracts manager by maintaining databases of agreements and documents, advising the business of contractual obligations, and leading the charge in the timely execution of documents (with and without the use of a third-party contract system) and accessing agreements across the company
- ***Review advertising materials, including campaign webpages and creative content
- *Provide Legal support to team members for issues as they arise
- Work with external and internal counsel in an efficient manner
- Assist with insurance-related matters, including, securing COIs as required
- Manage Omaze’s IP portfolio
- Serve as the liaison with third-party vendors, including, prize bonding brokers and insurance brokers
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years experience as a Paralegal
- Unyielding attention to detail
- You are willing to do the tedious detailed oriented type of work that helps Omaze
- You are a true team player
- You have the ability to independently exercise sound judgment, are thoughtful and have stellar interpersonal and organizational skills
- You are passionate about making a change and want to use your skills to do something good for the world
- You take your work seriously, but not yourself
- Maintain a calm demeanor and guide colleagues through sudden challenges
- You must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Any experience in sweepstakes related filings and professional fundraiser related filings is a huge plus