Who We Are:
Omaze is a venture-backed startup with a mission of transforming lives through the power of storytelling and technology. Our for-profit model democratizes traditional auction-giving by offering everyone the chance to have a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Through the Omaze platform, people from more than 180 countries have donated more than $100 million to over 350 charity partners, driving substantial levels of awareness for their work, and significantly more money than traditional methods. We’re growing our team of smart, dedicated, passionate people, and that’s where you come in!
Who We're Seeking:
As a Manager, Consumer Insights, you will be responsible for leading customer-focused primary research projects. Your responsibilities will include the development, execution, analysis and presentation of quantitative and qualitative consumer research while providing insights and recommendations that are timely, accurate and actionable.
- Represent the voice of the consumer throughout the product and marketing development cycle.
- Have experience setting research objectives, writing surveys, creating sound sampling and weighting schemes, and analyzing results.
- Establish and define customer personas, which represent our customer base. Train all employees on who these people are and what’s important to them.
- Plan, implement and analyze consumer research using qualitative and quantitative tools.
- Manage and report study findings, and analyze results in the context of business results.
- Demonstrate applied knowledge across the core phases of the market research cycle: awareness, targeting, acquisition and retention.
- Lead strategic research using primary, secondary and syndicated data sources to derive insights and provide strategic leadership to internal product and marketing teams.
- Have the ability to translate complex data sets into clear and compelling written narrative
- Represent the voice of the consumer in terms that are relevant to the business. Must effectively communicate the consumers' attitudes, behavior, perceptions and motivations to the various teams within the company and to external partners.
- Set up and run customer panels (aka “Omaze Insiders”), i.e., monthly calls with a group of select Omaze customers to solicit their feedback on topics ranging from brand questions to marketing programs to product flows.
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity about consumers. Must have the ability to identify compelling and actionable insights that influence how we grow the business and deepen consumers’ engagement with our brand.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of experience in consumer insights and market research
- Experience with applied statistics, predictive analytics, and mixed methodology research
- A curious self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big (while paying careful attention to detail), and will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- You will work closely with Data Science, Development, Marketing and Finance teams, always making sure to represent the voice of our customers.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and analytical abilities.
- An engaging storyteller who is intuitive about people.
- Experience with Tableau.
- You take your work seriously but not yourself