Who We Are:
Omaze is an online fundraising platform that's reinventing charitable giving by making it fun and easy for anyone to give. From once-in-a-lifetime experiences with the world's most influential people to original t-shirts designed and made with love, everything at Omaze connects influencers, nonprofits and donors in support of incredible causes.
Leveraging storytelling, social media marketing, celebrity influence, data science and exclusive merchandise, we help charities raise more funds and awareness so they can create greater impact than they ever have before.
Our campaigns have benefited over 200 nonprofits through experiences like winning a walk-on role in Star Wars: The Force Awakens and going wine tasting with Jennifer Lawrence, as well as exclusive t-shirts like Samantha Bee's "Nasty Woman" and Shailene Woodley's "I Stand with Standing Rock." Our incredible community has raised millions for causes around the world through $10 donations, and our campaigns have been featured on The Today Show, Vanity Fair, CNN, Good Morning America, Jimmy Kimmel and many others.
Who We’re Seeking:
Omaze is looking for a Junior Accountant who is driven to create scalable processes. You will be responsible for the administration and management of our accounts payable program. You’ll work closely with our Finance team and gain insight into the day to day of what it takes to run a successful start-up.
This role requires an individual who thrives in the details, has excellent communication skills, is a self-motivated team player and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Process invoices including verifying approval, coding, and accuracy
- Code all corporate credit cards transactions
- Support monthly close activities as needed (i.e. assisting with journal entries and reconciliations, assist the accounting team with close inquiries.)
- Collect new vendor’s documentation and create/maintain vendor files
- Research and resolve A/P issues with vendors and customers
- Process employee expense reports
- Assist in tax reporting requirements including 1099 and Sales & Use tax returns
- Assist in driving the Accounts Payable process with improvements, ensuring the team can scale with the company’s growth
- Organize and file all financial-related documents, including contracts
- Perform other duties to support the Controller and Senior Accountant
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PCs, and accounting systems strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Willingness to learn and should be able to flourish in a high growth, dynamic environment
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit with hands-on approach towards business