Who We Are:
Omaze is an online fundraising platform that's reinventing charitable giving by making it fun and easy for anyone to give. From once-in-a-lifetime experiences with the world's most influential people to original t-shirts designed and made with love, everything at Omaze connects influencers, nonprofits and donors in support of incredible causes.
Leveraging storytelling, social media marketing, celebrity influence, data science and exclusive merchandise, we help charities raise more funds and awareness so they can create greater impact than they ever have before.
Our campaigns have benefited over 200 nonprofits through experiences like winning a walk-on role in Star Wars: The Force Awakens and going wine tasting with Jennifer Lawrence, as well as exclusive t-shirts like Samantha Bee's "Nasty Woman" and Shailene Woodley's "I Stand with Standing Rock." Our incredible community has raised millions for causes around the world through $10 donations, and our campaigns have been featured on The Today Show, Vanity Fair, CNN, Good Morning America, Jimmy Kimmel and many others.
Who We're Seeking:
A talented comedy copywriter to shape the creative strategy of our campaigns and lend their voice to a broad range of original content spanning video, social media, email and site copy.
- Produce original video scripts and social media content that excite our celebrity and non-profit partners, engage their fans, and maybe even win them a few new ones
- Create site copy, marketing emails and blog posts with consistent style and coherence, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Capture the broad range of voices of our charity and celebrity partners with copy that is on-brand, engaging, and often hilarious
- Work with our marketing and campaign teams to maintain a consistent creative strategy as unique as each fundraising experience
Our Ideal Candidate:
- You have 4+ years of relevant experience, with an emphasis on comedic video script writing
- You work well with others and welcome constructive feedback
- Your fantastic attention to detail prevails, even in the tightest of deadlines
- You take inittiative, and are not afraid to stop and ask questions like, ‘Did they misspell “initiative” back there?’ (Good catch)
- You are passionate about pop culture, but won’t spoil last night’s episode
- You have a passion for sports that lives between favorite team colors and full-on face paint
- You take your work seriously but not yourself
- You love people and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment