Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time.
Omada Health is a digital care provider that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable behavioral change. Great software is the key to providing effective care at scale. As a software engineer at Omada, you will be a part of delivering customized care plans tailored to each member, collecting and visualizing data from numerous biometric devices, verifying program eligibility with insurance providers, enabling powerful insights through machine learning and much much more. If you’re ready to guide technical decision-making and work hands-on with some of the best engineers in the health industry, this is the job for you.
Our core engineering practices are centered around empathy and sustainability. We work together using pair programming, test-driven development, and constant collaboration. We empower all engineers to design, build, and maintain systems necessary to continue our rapid growth. We value constant learning, teaching and recognize diversity of backgrounds, opinions and experiences are crucial to our success.
You work with empathy for your coworkers, stakeholders and users. You are excited to work cross-functionally with a variety of people and ideas. You work directly with stakeholders to design solutions and drive the technical decisions for delivery. You proactively keep up with technology trends and can assess technical trade-offs between solutions across service boundaries. You care about writing quality software and recognize that there are often many right answers. You are excited about the challenge of learning new technologies and context. You are enthusiastic about providing the best possible care for our members.
How you can make an impact:
- Build and integrate a combination of home-grown and purchased tools that serve as a backbone for our interoperability product line. You will have a direct impact on business outcomes through the improvement of existing or implementation of new solutions in close partnership with product and business stakeholders.
- Be an informal leader to the team by continuously identifying ways to improve, mentoring others, and removing ambiguity.
- Collaborate and influence others to shape future direction, based on your years of previous experience and technology research.
- Drive the resolution of complex problems without a lot of direction.
- Lead large projects, anticipating infrastructure and architectural needs before they arise.
- Research, adopt and advocate for new technologies.
What you need to succeed in this role:
- 5+ years of experience building high quality production web applications following an agile/scrum development process.
- Professional experience with Ruby on Rails and comfortable working in a large Rails codebase.
- Proficiency with a front-end framework like React, Vue, or Angular. All of us work up and down the stack, from styling to deployment.
- Strong OO design skills and an understanding of design patterns.
- Experience working with relational databases, modeling data, and optimizing queries.
- Experience building scalable, observable, and secure APIs.
- Experience designing, developing, and managing microservices.
- Experience with event-driven architecture. Kafka is a big plus.
- Ability to lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions within your team.
- Demonstrated ability to dissect complex problems, ask probing questions, analyze data, and identify a recommended path forward; Ability to break down work, provide reasonable estimates, and articulate your rationale.
- Demonstrated ability to work across multiple teams to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
- Demonstrated ability to come up to speed on new domains and establish subject matter expertise on the technology solution as well as the business domain it supports.
- Ability to mentor others and collaborate cross functionally to share knowledge, develop skill sets, and ensure the best solutions are determined; Ability to appropriately communicate technical topics to non-technical audiences.
- Advocate for test-driven development, pairing, incremental refactoring and best practices.
- Intellectual curiosity, positive attitude, and a desire to influence the products being built.
Technologies we use:
- Competitive salary with generous annual cash bonus
- Stock options
- Remote first work from home culture
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, and connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Work from Home stipend
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- ...and more!
It takes a village to change health care. As we build together toward our mission, we strive to embody the following values in our day-to-day work. We hope these hold meaning for you as well as you consider Omada!
- Start with Trust. We listen closely and we operate with kindness. We provide respectful and candid feedback to each other.
- Seek Context. We ask to understand and we build connections. We do our research up front to move faster down the road.
- Act Boldly. We innovate daily to solve problems, improve processes, and find new opportunities for our members and customers.
- Deliver Results. We reward impact above output. We set a high bar, we’re not afraid to fail, and we take pride in our work.
- Succeed Together. We prioritize Omada’s progress above team or individual. We have fun as we get stuff done, and we celebrate together.
- Remember Why We’re Here. We push through the challenges of changing health care because we know the destination is worth it.
About Omada Health:
Omada is a virtual-first chronic care provider that nurtures lifelong health, one day at a time. Our care teams implement clinically-validated behavior change protocols for individuals with prediabetes, diabetes, hypertension, and musculoskeletal issues for consistent improvements that stack up.
With more than a decade of experience and data, and 24 peer-reviewed publications that showcase our clinical and economic results, we improve health outcomes and help contain healthcare costs.
Our scope exceeds 1,800 customers, including health plans, health systems, and employers ranging in size from small businesses to Fortune 500s.
Omada is the first virtual provider to join the Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s Leadership Alliance, reflecting our aim to complement primary care providers for the benefit of our members, and affirming our guarantee to every partner: Omada works different.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
Omada is thrilled to share that we’ve been certified as a Great Place to Work! Please click here for more information.
Below is a summary of salary ranges for this role in the following geographies:
California, New York State and Washington State Base Compensation Ranges: $166,400 - $208,000*, Colorado Base Compensation Ranges: $149,760 - $187,200*. Other states may vary.
This role is also eligible for participation in annual cash bonus and equity grants.
*The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, such as the candidate's skills and experience, and other business considerations.
Please click here for more information on our Candidate Privacy Notice.