Location: Remote, USA
Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time.
Omada is hiring a Clinical Specialist -- Certified Diabetes Care & Education Specialist (CDCES - formerly known as certified diabetes educators/CDEs) for full-time remote position to staff a digital diabetes and hypertension program. Your role will be to guide participants through our online program and deliver the highest quality Diabetes Self-Management Education. You will be fully supported by our online platform, which includes a detailed curriculum and technology to help participants track their progress. You will leverage this cutting-edge platform to monitor blood glucose, blood pressure, labs, and health maintenance appointments. You’ll strategically counsel participants through the Omada program, using data science to inform outreach methods during moments that matter. You will actively collaborate with our Clinical, Data, Product and Operations teams to discover and drive digital health coaching best practices. You will serve as a leader in diabetes care within a rapidly growing digital care coaching practice through direct patient care.
You have a current certification as a CDCES with experience and/or passion for diabetes and cardiovascular health. You are a strong advocate for patients and clinical staff. You recognize the limitations of our current ambulatory care environment and want to be part of delivering care in a new way. You are creative and love to think strategically about problems and don’t shy away from being a leader. You have deep experience in diabetes, hypertension, and hyperlipidemia education and management. You enjoy preventive and/or ambulatory care, specifically patient education in a non-acute care environment.
- Fluent in Spanish- Required
- Active, unrestricted Certified Diabetes Care & Educator Specialist (CDCES) certification through the National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators (NCBDE)
- 3+ years of practice experience as a CDCES in diabetes and cardiovascular disease
- Experience with blood glucose interpretation utilizing CGM technology
- Available to work full-time
- Have stellar written and oral communication skills
- Are a fast learner and are able to adapt to a constantly changing environment
You will love this job if:
- You have the ability to translate face-to-face interactions to the digital world
- Are a compassionate and empathetic "people person”
- You’re excited to be at the intersection of healthcare and technology
- You have proven technical ability and a high level of tech savviness
- You have a firm grasp on effective and efficient communication through digital platforms
- You’re excited about working in a fast-paced environment that is constantly evolving
- Committed to the mission of Omada and the lifestyle changes we inspire
- Digital health coaching or telemedicine experience
- Additional training in informatics or technology
- Knowledge of clinical best practice for diabetes and weight management
- Competitive salary
- Flexible vacation plan
- Parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision
- Allowance for home office setup
- Stipend for professional development
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- The opportunity to join an incredible company and work with people who are passionate about helping people improve their health
About Omada Health: Omada is a digital care program that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable lifestyle change. Working primarily through health plans, employers, and integrated health systems, the company delivers personalized interventions for individuals at risk for, or dealing with diabetes and hypertension, as well as anxiety and depression. Combining data-powered human coaching, connected devices, a proprietary technology platform, and curriculum tailored to an individual's specific conditions and circumstances, Omada has enrolled more than 500,000 participants to date. Omada partners include Cigna, Kaiser Permanente, Blue Cross Blue Shield Minnesota, and other leading health plans.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.