Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and talented in-house attorney to join Omada’s Legal team in a role focused on negotiating and facilitating complex commercial and health care transactions with Omada’s customers, vendors and strategic partners. The right candidate is a skilled drafter and negotiator, willing to tackle a wide range of legal issues and ready to partner cross-functionally on initiatives that influence all aspects of our rapidly growing business.
This is a unique opportunity to add significant value to an excellent legal team in an innovative and dynamic environment. You will serve as a primary legal contact for our commercial and operations teams and other business units and provide end-to-end support in the contracting experience. You will draft, review and negotiate complex commercial contracts, including customer agreements, strategic partnership agreements, supply agreements, software licenses, professional services agreements and other vendor agreements, to ensure alignment with Omada’s business goals, policies and risk tolerance. You will also work with stakeholders across multiple functions to define and drive discussions, manage expectations, drive transactions to close and maintain compliance with ongoing contractual obligations. In addition to working on specific transactions, you will help to refine playbooks, templates and processes to enhance efficiency, provide legal advice and counseling to internal stakeholders and work as part of a highly collaborative team to manage the day-to-day legal needs of a rapidly growing business.
- 7+ years of relevant legal experience working on commercial or health care transactions, with a combination of experience in house and at a top U.S. law firm
- Extensive background in drafting service agreements, license agreements, SaaS agreements, data use agreements, partnership agreements and NDAs
- Understanding of the practical legal concerns involved in commercial and technology transactions
- Excellent negotiation skills to apply to complex transactions and customer discussions
- Ability to understand complex issues, assess risk and provide concise, practical and business-focused legal advice to stakeholders across the company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead, manage and prioritize competing transactions and other projects from inception to completion in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience working with and counseling clients in day-to-day business operations (i.e., sales, operations, engineering, product management, marketing, finance, etc.)
- Strong organizational, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Accredited law degree and state bar membership in good standing
Bonus points for:
- Prior work experience in the healthcare industry (including experience negotiating health care provider agreements with health insurance companies);
- Understanding of federal and state privacy laws relating to the protection of personal health information, including HIPAA;
- Experience with federal and/or state health care regulations; and
- Experience handling privacy and data security matters in commercial contracts.
- A competitive cash compensation package (base and incentive) in line with a late-stage private company.
- Equity participation.
- Flexible vacation
- Parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision
- 401k retirement savings plan
About Omada Health: Omada Health is a digital care provider that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable behavioral change. Working with health plans, employers, and health systems, the company delivers personalized interventions for individuals dealing with chronic conditions, musculoskeletal issues, anxiety, and depression. Combining data-powered human coaching, connected devices, and curriculums tailored to an individual’s specific conditions and circumstances, Omada has enrolled more than 450,000 participants across all 50 states. Omada’s partners include major employers across the country, including Costco and Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Cigna and Kaiser.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.