Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time.
Omada is hiring a Health Economist to inform and support healthcare economic strategy and policy strategy for the company. This role is responsible for subject matter expertise in economic modeling and analysis of health care and health policy data to validate the value of Omada’s current and future products. You will shape the development of applied economic models and conduct analyses with a variety of data sources.
Your day-to-day will include working with our clinical research and business strategy teams to create tools that model economic savings from our products, train internal teams on the use of your work products, and collaborate with customers and partner organizations to conduct analyses of real-world impact of our programs on healthcare utilization and resource allocation. This position reports to Omada’s Senior Director of Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR).
The health economist will lead focused work in conceptualizing, specifying, and testing economic models to assess the potential costs, cost-effectiveness and/or budgetary impact of company products. The health economist will partner with customers and key stakeholders to conduct applied economic evaluations of products, and will be responsible for communicating the findings and training internal teams on use of these outputs. This person will be responsible for presenting the models and evaluations in written and oral form, including strategic conversations with stakeholders, customers, and partners, and peer-reviewed healthcare publications.
You are passionate about demonstrating the impact of novel health care programs on health care utilization, disease progression, and indirect costs of care. You have experience with modeling economic outcomes. You have a strong background in analytical research methods and designing interventions leveraging behavior science, but you are ready to apply these skills in a non-academic setting. You want a position where you can impact health outcomes at scale while providing innovative, evidence-based care.
- Work side-by-side with our Clinical Research teams from design to execution of trials.
- Serve as a consultant to our customers and partners and communicate insights on their healthcare utilization data.
- Stay current on health economic and policy literature to inform the future of company products.
- Deliver insights to our senior leadership and commercial teams through the development and refinement of business case models.
- Develop analytic models using various sources of health care utilization, clinical, and health outcomes data to demonstrate Omada’s economic value to customers and payers.
You will love this job if you:
- Have a PhD in health economics and/or health policy.
- 1-2 years experience working with or directing healthcare data analysis projects.
- 1-2 years working with industry preferred
- Are well-versed in health services research, particularly healthcare claims analyses.
- Experience working with electronic health records and administrative claims databases.
- Have stellar written and oral communication skills, especially when communicating results to various audiences.
- Are able to effectively communicate epidemiological, scientific/medical, and health-economic data to the research community and to lay audiences.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, and connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- ...and more!
About Omada Health: Omada Health is a digital care provider that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable behavioral change. Working with health plans, employers, and health systems, the company delivers personalized interventions for individuals dealing with chronic conditions, musculoskeletal issues, anxiety, and depression. Combining data-powered human coaching, connected devices, and curriculums tailored to an individual’s specific conditions and circumstances, Omada has enrolled more than 450,000 participants across all 50 states. Omada’s partners include major employers across the country, including Costco and Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Cigna and Kaiser.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.