Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time.
Omada Health is a digital care provider that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable behavioral change. Great software is the key to providing effective care at scale. As a software engineer at Omada, you will be a part of delivering customized care plans tailored to each member, collecting and visualizing data from numerous biometric devices, verifying program eligibility with insurance providers, enabling powerful insights through machine learning and much much more. If you’re ready to guide technical decision-making and work hands-on with some of the best engineers in the health industry, this is the job for you.
Our core engineering practices are centered around empathy and sustainability. We work together using pair programming, test-driven development, and constant collaboration. We empower all engineers to design, build, and maintain systems necessary to continue our rapid growth. We value constant learning, teaching and recognize diversity of backgrounds, opinions and experiences are crucial to our success.
You work with empathy for your coworkers, stakeholders and users. You are excited to work cross-functionally with a variety of people and ideas. You work directly with stakeholders to design solutions and drive the technical decisions for delivery. You are motivated to learn new technologies and ready to drive technical work. You care about writing quality software and recognize that there are often many right answers. You are excited about the challenge of learning new technologies and context. You are enthusiastic about providing the best possible care for our members.
How you can make an impact:
- Build, launch and maintain features and applications to help positively impact health outcomes and happiness of our members.
- Create and maintain tools that empower our care team and support our operations.
- Solve and own technical problems over a wide array of systems, processes and technologies. Partner with cross functional stakeholders to solve problems across the full product lifecycle.
- Work in an agile, test-driven, pair programming, continuous delivery environment.
- Mentor and learn from teammates. Train and collaborate with newer developers in how to write great code and solve problems effectively
- Research, adopt and advocate for new technologies
What you need for this role:
- 5+ years of experience building high quality production web applications in a team setting
- Deep experience with one or more MVC web application frameworks—think Ruby on Rails, Django, Phoenix, etc. Rails experience is a big plus
- Experience building scalable APIs. GraphQL experience is a plus
- Proficiency with a front-end framework like React, Vue, or Angular. All of us work up and down the stack, from styling to deployment
- Deep experience working with relational databases and modeling data
- Experience designing, developing, and managing microservices
- Experience with event-driven architecture
- Strong OO design skills and an understanding of design patterns
- Strong technical responsibility over the products you work on and the codebases you maintain
- Ability to work across multiple teams and comfortably navigate unfamiliar systems
- Ability to mentor and teach other engineers of the team and organization
- Empathy, a mindful collaborative spirit, and the ability to work effectively with a team
- Advocate for test-driven development, pairing, incremental refactoring and sustainable practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity, positive attitude, and a desire to influence the products being built
Technologies we use:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, and connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- ...and more!
About Omada Health: Omada Health is a digital care provider that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable behavioral change. Working with health plans, employers, and health systems, the company delivers personalized interventions for individuals dealing with chronic conditions, musculoskeletal issues, anxiety, and depression. Combining data-powered human coaching, connected devices, and curriculums tailored to an individual’s specific conditions and circumstances, Omada has enrolled more than 450,000 participants across all 50 states. Omada’s partners include major employers across the country, including Costco and Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Cigna and Kaiser.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.