Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time.
Over the last few quarters, Omada Health’s market access and health plan traction has increased by an order of magnitude. We’ve gone from a direct selling model in 2017 to successfully training hundreds of people in our partner organizations to resell the Omada program with support from our Account Executives, the Sales Representative (SDR) is a critical member of this sales growth engine.
The SDR is charged with creating sales opportunities by qualifying and setting appointments with large employers, directly or through relationship building with channel partners. The SDR is responsible for developing and qualifying inbound leads, outbound prospecting, maintaining relationships with partners, and aligning to a geographic territory for follow up.
Successful candidates are those who thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment, lead with a positive and can-do attitude, and are passionate about Omada’s mission.
- Work closely with Account Executives across the Nation to help create and execute pipeline growth plans
- Build and foster relationships with Omada partners and affiliates in the health plans, brokers, and benefits consulting community
- Outbound prospecting to Benefits & HR leaders at large employers through account and contact research
- Inbound lead qualification and follow up from marketing events, conferences, trade shows, email campaigns and website inquiries
- Educate prospects and partners on Omada, our program and the broader market landscape through calls, emails, web presentations and participant demos
- Create new business pipeline with regard to both opportunity quantity and quality; you will be responsible for initiating meetings as well as helping move opportunities through the pipeline
- Manage and log all activity in Salesforce.com
You will be successful in this job if you:
- Have sales development or other related experience, or a strong desire to break in to sales
- Have a proven track record of success - in business, sports, hobbies, or anything that requires dedication, hard work, and reaching for goals
- Are a team player who is motivated by personal contributions, and contributing to team success
- Are someone who is not afraid to grow through trial, error, and failure
- Are well-organized, self-motivated, competitive and driven by success
- Can thrive and stay personally accountable without constant oversight or managerial intervention
- Have proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Apps, LinkedIn, and Salesforce.com; or love to use technology on a daily basis
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, and connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- ...and more!
About Omada Health: Omada Health is a digital care provider that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable behavioral change. Working with health plans, employers, and health systems, the company delivers personalized interventions for individuals dealing with chronic conditions, musculoskeletal issues, anxiety, and depression. Combining data-powered human coaching, connected devices, and curriculums tailored to an individual’s specific conditions and circumstances, Omada has enrolled more than 450,000 participants across all 50 states. Omada’s partners include major employers across the country, including Costco and Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Cigna and Kaiser.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.