Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time.
We are a San Francisco-based healthcare and technology company, and are looking for an experienced Platform engineer to join our growing team. Our program supports people in making lifestyle changes to improve their health, and ultimately, their lives. As a key member of our DevOps engineering team, you will play a role in designing, building, and maintaining the systems and infrastructure necessary to support Omada’s mission. The Platform Engineering team is responsible for both the operational integrity of our AWS infrastructure and empowering our engineers with developer tooling.
You should be motivated to learn new technologies and ready to drive technical work. You should be excited to work cross-functionally with a variety of people and ideas. You will have freedom to innovate and work closely with our partners to see the big picture and figure out novel ways to deliver the results. The ideal candidate is an individual with exceptional leadership skills and hands-on experience building scalable cloud infrastructure.
- You will lead the development and operation of Omada’s digital health program infrastructure
- You will play a key role building and scaling our platform one piece at a time, supporting our ability to deliver a personalized experience to program participants and empower our health coaches to deliver timely and effective interventions
- You will mentor and guide the professional and technical development of team members
- You will help establish the processes needed to achieve operational excellence in critical areas, including SLA management, systems reliability, and developer productivity
- You’ll build cross-functional relationships with software engineers, data scientists, and technical program managers to understand stakeholder needs, and deliver on those needs
- You will work with the Engineering Leadership team to develop new initiatives and improve existing processes across the entire engineering organization, including developer productivity and system observability
- Oversee AWS environments, including resource provisioning and management, access delegation, and costs control
- Ensure that our architectures match our policies (and that our policies match our architectures)
- Manage high availability and disaster recovery systems, procedures, and readiness
- Work with developers to design and improve developer tooling and capability, such as secrets-management or development environments
- Maintain and troubleshoot CI/CD infrastructure
- You'll work closely (including pair programming) with the rest of the Platform team, as well as with product engineering teams and other technical teams
What you need for this role:
- Have 5+ years of relevant technical experience
- Comfortable working in, configuring, and troubleshooting virtual Linux server environments
- Fluent in at least one server configuration management tool, such as Ansible or Terraform; must like DAGs
- Experience designing and implementing cloud architectures
- Experience with AWS
- Building, deploying, and/or hosting Docker images and containers
- Experience operating a container orchestrator (bonus points if Kubernetes clusters)
- Willing to participate in an on-call rotation, for the day that something important does break
Bonus points for:
- The Ruby ecosystem
- Modern time-series monitoring, such as Prometheus
- Network layers (you can do subnet math in your head or read a tcpdump)
- Familiarity with the Hashicorp family of tools (Consul, Vault, Nomad, Terraform)
- Energized by the challenge of working within healthcare regulatory constraints
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, and connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Stipend for professional development
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering opportunities, plus one day off per year to volunteer
- ...and more!
About Omada Health: Omada Health is a digital care provider that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable behavioral change. Working with health plans, employers, and health systems, the company delivers personalized interventions for individuals dealing with chronic conditions, musculoskeletal issues, anxiety, and depression. Combining data-powered human coaching, connected devices, and curriculums tailored to an individual’s specific conditions and circumstances, Omada has enrolled more than 400,000 participants across all 50 states. Omada’s partners include major employers across the country, including Costco and Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Cigna and Kaiser.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.