Note: Please only apply to one job post. Multiple applications from the same candidate will auto-merge into one profile.
Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time.
Omada is hiring Diabetes Care & Education Specialists (CDCES - formerly known as certified diabetes educators/CDEs) for full-time remote positions to staff a digital diabetes and hypertension program. Your role will be to guide participants through our online program and deliver the highest quality Diabetes Self Management Education. You will be fully supported by our online platform, which includes a detailed curriculum and technology to help participants track their progress. You will leverage this cutting-edge platform to monitor blood glucose, blood pressure, and health maintenance appointments. You’ll strategically coach participants through the Omada program, using data science to inform outreach methods during moments that matter. You will actively collaborate with our Clinical, Data, Product and Operations teams to discover and drive digital health coaching best practices. You will serve as a leader in diabetes care within a rapidly growing digital care coaching practice through direct patient care.
You have a current certification as a CDCES (CDE) with experience and/or passion for diabetes and cardiovascular health. You are a strong advocate for patients and clinical staff. You recognize the limitations of our current ambulatory care environment and want to be part of delivering care in a new way. You are creative and love to think strategically about problems and don’t shy away from being a leader. You have deep experience in diabetes, hypertension, and hyperlipidemia education and management. You enjoy preventive and/or ambulatory care, specifically patient education in a non-acute care environment.
- Active, unrestricted Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) or CDCES certification through the National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators (NCBDE)
- 5+ years of practice experience as a CDCES/CDE in diabetes and cardiovascular disease
- Have worked closely with T1D and T2D patients
- Experience with blood glucose interpretation utilizing CGM technology and possible subsequent adjustment of insulin
- Have either worked at a Type 1 diabetes camp or have a Level 3 educator certification via ADCES
- Available to work full-time
- Have stellar written and oral communication skills
- Are a fast learner and are able to adapt to a constantly changing environment
You will love this job if you have/are:
- The ability to translate face-to-face interactions to the digital world
- A compassionate and empathetic "people person”
- Excited to be at the intersection of healthcare and technology
- Proven technical ability and a high level of tech savviness
- A firm grasp on effective and efficient communication through digital platforms
- Excited about working in a fast-paced environment that is constantly evolving
- Committed to the mission of Omada and the lifestyle changes we inspire
- Digital health coaching or telemedicine experience
- Additional training in informatics or technology
- Knowledge of clinical best practice for diabetes and weight management
- Competitive salary
- Flexible vacation plan
- Parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision
- Allowance for home office setup
- Stipend for professional development
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- Participation in peer-recognition program
- The opportunity to join an incredible company and work with people who are passionate about helping people improve their health
About Omada Health: We’ve pioneered digital behavioral medicine: an innovative approach to tackling the growing epidemic of type 2 diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, and obesity. Our online programs combine world-class science, technology, and design to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease. Named one of Fast Company’s “50 Most Innovative Companies in the World,” our team includes passionate and talented individuals. Our approach has been embraced by major employers across the country, including Costco and Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Kaiser Permanente and BlueCross Blue Shield of Louisiana.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.