Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time.
We are a San Francisco-based healthcare and technology company looking for an experienced software engineer to join our growing team. Our program supports people who want to make lifestyle changes that improve their health, and ultimately, their lives. As a software engineer at Omada, you will be a crucial contributor in the collection, conversion, and translation of productive behavioral health inputs into data products that enable evidence-based decisions for cross-functional teams.
We're a small, fast-growing team building and operating Omada's data platform and data products. Our team works closely with Engineering, Product, Data, and other vital parts of the business to understand their data requirements. Our goal is to build systems and platform features to meet and exceed those needs.
As a critical member of our team, you will help build and scale our robust data pipelines, data warehouse, and machine learning infrastructure. We want you to be motivated to learn new technologies and ready to drive technical work. We are a good match if you are interested in sustainable engineering practices such as pair programming, test-driven development, mindful collaboration, and shipping. Our more experienced engineers have in-depth technical experience and a proven progression in leadership responsibility. We expect all our engineers to partner effectively with our Engineering, Product, and Data teams.
How you can make an impact:
- You'll implement scalable, fault-tolerant, and accurate ETLs frameworks.
- You'll develop, and improve the scalability, robustness, and performance of our data platform and applications
- You'll gather and process raw data at scale from diverse sources
- You'll collaborate with product management, data scientists, analysts, and other engineers on technical discussion, design, and planning
- You'll implement and maintain a high level of data quality monitoring in our analytics & ML ecosystem
- You'll train and collaborate with teammates effectively in data engineering best practices
- You will be responsible for documenting and working across teams for technical projects.
What you need for this role:
- Solid grasp of Computer science fundamentals.
- Prior experience as a software engineer is a plus. Any software development internship experience counts, as well.
- Software engineering mindset and an ability to write elegant, maintainable code while following engineering best practices
- Expertise in OO Programming using languages such as Python, Java, or equivalent.
- Experience with test-driven development, automated testing concepts
- Familiarity with databases and SQL queries (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Exceptional Critical thinking, Problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Familiarity with cloud-based platforms (AWS S3 and Redshift preferred)
- Fundamental understanding of database schema design
- Experience with data processing systems is a plus.
- Familiarity with workflow management tools (Airflow preferred)
- Familiarity with containerization and orchestration tools (Docker preferred)
- Experience building data infrastructure, frameworks, and automation is a big plus.
Technologies we use:
Python, Ruby, Airflow, Redshift, Postgres, Jenkins, Git, Docker, EC2, S3, SNS, SQS, Kafka, Linux, SQL & Tableau
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, and connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Stipend for professional development
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- Healthy snacks and meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering opportunities, plus one day off per year to volunteer
- ...and more!
About Omada Health: Omada is a digital care program that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable lifestyle change. Working primarily through health plans, employers, and integrated health systems, the company delivers personalized interventions for individuals at risk for, or dealing with, type 2 diabetes and hypertension, as well as anxiety and depression. Combining data-powered human coaching, connected devices, a proprietary technology platform, and curriculum tailored to an individual's specific conditions and circumstances, Omada has enrolled more than 300,000 participants to date. Omada partners include Cigna, Kaiser Permanente, Blue Cross Blue Shield Minnesota, and other leading health plans.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.