Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time.
Omada is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our fast-growing team to help develop strong workflows and streamline month-end close related processes. You will be responsible for owning and improving several areas relating to the general ledger, month-end close, year-end audit preparation, and financial reporting.
We are looking for someone who works well under tight financial reporting deadlines thanks to their excellent time management skills, process efficiencies, and ability to develop strong relationships across the company. Omada Health is a fast-growing start-up, so we need someone who is excited by change and thrives while wearing multiple hats. This is truly a place where you can grow and have a ton of impact.
- Responsible for month-end close procedures, including preparation of month-end journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, and analysis of results
- Own and improve monthly close processes in areas such as prepaid and accrued expenses, accounts receivable, and cash
- Support the accounting team’s commitment to timely and accurate processing of accounting transactions in accordance with GAAP, company policy and internal controls
- Research and write detailed accounting memos for documentation and external review (e.g. independent auditors) for technical accounting issues, implementation of new accounting guidance, and related analysis as needed
- Proactively identify issues and areas for improvement while helping to establish and maintain policies and procedures.
- Identify and implement process improvements to streamline accounting processes through automation and system implementations
- Support the external audit of the company’s annual financial statements, including preparation of audit schedules and responding to auditor questions and requests.
- Perform other special ad-hoc projects and analyses as directed by management.
- Develop strong partnerships across the organization to stay informed of transactions impacting the financial statements
You will love this job if you have:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance or related field required
- CPA license or candidate preferred
- Minimum 3 years of relevant Accounting experience, preferably with mixed industry background, including public accounting (Big 4) experience
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and internal controls
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently with minimal daily direction from management to accomplish objectives and deadlines
- Organizational, verbal, and written communication skills are a must
- Accounting research and problem solving skills required
- Highly detail oriented and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills – must have significant experience in Microsoft and Google applications; NetSuite is strongly preferred
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks that adhere to strict deadlines
- Commitment to values of integrity, accountability, transparency, rigor and drive
- Creative and innovative team-player mindset with the ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels of the organization
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, and connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Stipend for professional development
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- Healthy snacks and meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering opportunities, plus one day off per year to volunteer
- ...and more!
About Omada Health: Omada is a digital care program that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable lifestyle change. Working primarily through health plans, employers, and integrated health systems, the company delivers personalized interventions for individuals at risk for, or dealing with, type 2 diabetes and hypertension, as well as anxiety and depression. Combining data-powered human coaching, connected devices, a proprietary technology platform, and curriculum tailored to an individual's specific conditions and circumstances, Omada has enrolled more than 300,000 participants to date. Omada partners include Cigna, Kaiser Permanente, Blue Cross Blue Shield Minnesota, and other leading health plans.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.