Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time.
The data team is responsible for building quantitative narratives and data products that empower healthy behavior change for our users and smarter decisions for our stakeholders. We are deeply motivated to learn what works (and what doesn’t) for health behavior change at scale, especially since Omada is paid when we improve clinical outcomes for our users.
As a Data Analyst, you will have significant say in what you do and how you do it, and you’ll be backed by a diverse team of analysts, scientists, and engineers from disciplines including epidemiology, economics, statistics, and computer science. Your work will drive business impact, alongside your own intellectual growth, and will ultimately inspire and enable participants in the Omada program to live free of chronic disease.
Data Analysts at Omada own projects from end to end, translating raw, complex datasets into meaningful insights, visualizations, and narratives that help our business and clients make critical decisions.
- Design reports to communicate the success and value of our program to customers
- Identify and develop processes and tools to scale reporting as a product
- Communicate with clients to support integration and evaluate the needs of the market for data and reporting
- Build analytic and reporting solutions for cross-functional business partners in product, design, user insights, finance, operations, and engineering
- Design and build self-service dashboards to measure performance and direct product teams’ efforts towards initiatives with the largest impact
- Define data to be collected for measuring success of new product features, and work with engineering on proper tracking and instrumentation of data
- Perform ad-hoc analyses for internal stakeholders
- Assist in core Data Team initiatives
- Provide tool training and assistance to internal stakeholders to democratize data and champion a data-driven culture
You will love this job if you are/have:
- Methodical. You put frameworks to unstructured problems
- Multimodal. You iterate through different presentations of data to better translate a problem and its solution so stakeholders from all backgrounds can understand the data
- Curious. You ask enough “whys” to get to the root problem of a data request
- Result-driven. You seek to find the most efficient and effective path to an analysis
- Business-sense. You know that solving hard problems require contextual understanding to put numbers to good use
- Detail-oriented. You typically catch “gotchas” before they get you
- Collaborative. You can work both as part of a team and in a self-directed manner
You will be successful in this job if you have:
- BA/BS in a quantitative field or equivalent practical experience
- 2-5 years of applicable industry experience in data analysis and visualization
- Experience working on cross-functional teams of balancing commercial and product needs
- Confidence with at least 1 business intelligence tool, such as Tableau or Qlik Sense
- Confidence with SQL or other querying language
- Familiarity with Tableau or other business intelligence tools
- Expertise in creating clear and concise presentations
- Expertise in addressing and prioritizing client inquiries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points for:
- Experience in writing ETLs
- Working knowledge of statistics, hypothesis testing, and experimental design
- Experience working with various types of healthcare data, such as claims data, enrollment data, and clinical data
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, and connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Stipend for professional development
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- Healthy snacks and meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering opportunities, plus one day off per year to volunteer
- ...and more!
About Omada Health: Omada is a digital care program that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable lifestyle change. Working primarily through health plans, employers, and integrated health systems, the company delivers personalized interventions for individuals at risk for, or dealing with, type 2 diabetes and hypertension, as well as anxiety and depression. Combining data-powered human coaching, connected devices, a proprietary technology platform, and curriculum tailored to an individual's specific conditions and circumstances, Omada has enrolled more than 250,000 participants to date. Omada partners include Cigna, Kaiser Permanente, Blue Cross Blue Shield Minnesota, and other leading health plans.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.