Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time.
We are looking for experienced software engineers to join our Atlanta-based engineering team.
If you’re ready to guide technical decision-making and work hands-on with some of the best engineers in the health industry, this is the job for you. Our core product includes several web apps built in Ruby on Rails, an iOS app written in Swift/Objective C, and an Android app written in Kotlin/Java.
We value sustainable engineering practices: we work together using pair programming, test-driven development, and constant collaboration. As a key member of our engineering team, you will help design, build, and maintain systems necessary to continue our rapid growth. You should be motivated to learn new technologies and ready to drive technical work.
- Make a positive impact on the health outcomes and happiness of participants
- Build the platform and tools that will enable our health coaches to deliver meaningful, relevant interventions to their participants
- Solve big problems in delivering digital health care: building customized interventions, making data actionable for users, and enabling our platform to scale to more people and conditions
- Improve the operations behind Omada’s behavior-change program
- Drive engineering efforts and partner with product owners
- Work in an agile, test-driven, pair-programming environment
- Train and collaborate with new engineers in how to write great code and solve problems effectively
- Grow and develop in your own career
- Research and adopt new technologies
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- 3+ years of experience building consumer web applications, B2B services, and/or internal services in a team setting
- The ability to mentor and help the group act as a team
- Strong technical responsibility over the products you work on and the codebases you maintain
- Solid skills with Ruby on Rails or deep experience with other web application frameworks
- Database experience – we use PostgreSQL
- Strong object-oriented design skills and an understanding of design patterns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity, positive attitude, and a desire to influence the things we build
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with Amazon SQS/SNS
- Experience working with Apache Kafka
- Experience developing in a service-oriented and/or event-driven architecture
- Familiarity with containers and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Nomad
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools like Jenkins
Technologies we use:
- Ruby on Rails – we’re currently at version 5.2, with plans to upgrade to Rails 6 soon
- AWS infrastructure
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, and connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Stipend for professional development
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- Healthy snacks and meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering opportunities, plus one day off per year to volunteer
- ...and more!
About Omada Health: Omada is a digital care program that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable lifestyle change. Working primarily through health plans, employers, and integrated health systems, the company delivers personalized interventions for individuals at risk for, or dealing with, type 2 diabetes and hypertension, as well as anxiety and depression. Combining data-powered human coaching, connected devices, a proprietary technology platform, and curriculum tailored to an individual's specific conditions and circumstances, Omada has enrolled more than 250,000 participants to date. Omada partners include Cigna, Kaiser Permanente, Blue Cross Blue Shield Minnesota, and other leading health plans.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.