Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time.
The Senior Data Architect will drive the design and implementation of the vision for the data warehouse architecture as Omada grows across multiple product lines. The ideal candidate will be able to provide data architecture thought leadership on everything from logical data models to process best practices, SQL optimization and master data management. The candidate will be responsible for developing and leading projects to improve these areas in partnership with analytics and data science leadership.
This role reports up to the product organization, but the data systems support teams and functions across the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, technology or similar or equivalent blend of work and certification experience required.
- Minimum 7-10 years of overall business experience including working with various cross-functional team required
- Minimum 7 years of experience in data modeling (SQL) required.
- Expertise troubleshooting data quality issues, performance bottlenecks, and data pipeline dependencies required
- Experience with analytics/business intelligence software (Tableau, Hadoop, Power BI)
- Ability to communicate in a highly collaborative team environment consisting of technical (engineers/developers) and non-technical personnel (project managers/business leaders) required
- Strong understanding of relational and dimensional database structures, theories, principles, and practices in relationship to business strategy and goals strongly preferred
- Develop logical and conceptual models that accurately depict our multi-product business
- Develop and refine data architecture strategy by working with data engineers, data analysts, and business SMEs
- Use expertise to source and document data requirements, establish the current baseline of data architecture, develop a target state for data architecture, perform gap analysis to develop a data roadmap to resolve gaps, and gain partner support
- Oversee the instantiation of data models into reliable, extensible models
- Evangelize data management best practices across the data and engineering organization
- Extensive experience designing schemas, data flows and data object models.
- Write, maintain, and communicate data design documentation to inform development teams on creating integrated solutions for the data strategy
- Work on (or drive) multiple projects as the subject matter expert.
- Mentor other team members on best practices
You will love this job if you:
- Reliable self-starter capable of working with a high degree of autonomy
- Possesses strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task through effective prioritization
- Motivates self and others to achieve challenging goals
- An interest in keeping up-to-date with emerging and new technologies
Bonus points for:
- Experience working in any of the following:
- Experience working with master data management / data hub solutions strongly preferred
- Experience working in the clinical, medical device, pharmaceutical or similarly regulated industry strongly preferred.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, and connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Stipend for professional development
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- Healthy snacks and meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering opportunities, plus one day off per year to volunteer
- ...and more!
About Omada Health: Omada is a digital care program that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable lifestyle change. Working primarily through health plans, employers, and integrated health systems, the company delivers personalized interventions for individuals at risk for, or dealing with, type 2 diabetes and hypertension, as well as anxiety and depression. Combining data-powered human coaching, connected devices, a proprietary technology platform, and curriculum tailored to an individual's specific conditions and circumstances, Omada has enrolled more than 250,000 participants to date. Omada partners include Cigna, Kaiser Permanente, Blue Cross Blue Shield Minnesota, and other leading health plans.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.