Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time.
We are looking for engineering leaders to help us with our mission by leading and growing our San Francisco-based engineering team.
Our team is responsible for enabling Omada’s growth and adaptability through building independent services with tightly scoped, domain-appropriate responsibilities. We implement new features to be robust and scalable, supporting efforts toward platform extensibility and interoperability, all while helping our health coaches drive successful health outcomes for our program participants.
In this role, you will be not just a manager, you will also be team lead, contributing code alongside the people you hire. (The expectation is that you will be writing code about 50% of the time.)
You will have freedom to innovate and work closely with our partners to see the big picture and figure out novel ways to deliver the results. The ideal candidate is an individual with exceptional leadership skills and hands-on experience in building information-rich, intuitive, user-centered applications.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for one another lead to superior results.
- Lead the development of Omada’s digital health platform
- You will create a plan to continue building and scaling our platform one piece at a time, supporting our ability to deliver a personalized experience to program participants and empower our health coaches to deliver timely and effective interventions.
- You will lead a team of software engineers to execute against that plan, owning the team’s technical strategy and roadmap.
- Grow and manage a high-performance Engineering team
- You will partner with our Recruiting team to hire the best talent.
- You will mentor and guide the professional and technical development of team members.
- You will establish the processes needed to achieve operational excellence in critical areas, including SLA management, systems reliability, and developer productivity.
- You will establish and own key performance metrics in close collaboration with Engineering and Product leadership.
- You’ll build cross-functional relationships with software engineers, product managers, data scientists, and technical program managers to understand stakeholder needs, and deliver on those needs.
- Drive pan-engineering initiatives as an Engineering leader
- You will work with the Engineering Leadership team to develop new initiatives and improve existing processes across the entire engineering organization, including data quality and system observability.
- You’ll work with Engineering and Product Leadership to continuously reduce technical debt and make improvements in our systems.
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- 5+ years of industry experience in software development or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in managing engineering teams
- Strong awareness of the various technologies and tools used in building and maintaining a service-oriented architecture
- Communication and leadership skills, with the ability to initiate and drive projects proactively
- Solid project management skills
- Solid understanding of computer science and software engineering fundamentals
- Motivation to participate in ongoing learning and growth through pair programming, test-driven development, code reviews, and application of new technologies and best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, intellectual curiosity, positive attitude, and a desire to influence the products being built
- Love of mentorship and experience developing people and teams through coaching, mentoring, and feedback
- Solid skills with application frameworks such as Ruby on Rails, React, Spring, Akka, etc.
Bonus points for:
- Experience developing in a services-oriented and/or event-driven architecture
- Experience with Amazon SQS/SNS
- Experience with Apache Kafka
- Familiarity with containers and orchestration technologies such as Docker and Nomad
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
- Experience in Agile development processes
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, and connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Stipend for professional development
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- Healthy snacks and meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering opportunities, plus one day off per year to volunteer
- ...and more!
About Omada Health: Omada is a digital care program that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable lifestyle change. Working primarily through health plans, employers, and integrated health systems, the company delivers personalized interventions for individuals at risk for, or dealing with, type 2 diabetes and hypertension, as well as anxiety and depression. Combining data-powered human coaching, connected devices, a proprietary technology platform, and curriculum tailored to an individual's specific conditions and circumstances, Omada has enrolled more than 250,000 participants to date. Omada partners include Cigna, Kaiser Permanente, Blue Cross Blue Shield Minnesota, and other leading health plans.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.