Note: Please only apply to one of our "(Remote - New York)" positions to be considered. The start date for this role will be in the first week of January 2020.
Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time.
We're hiring digital health coaches for a work-from-home position. We are looking for individuals with previous health coaching, life coaching, or weight loss coaching experience, but most importantly, we're looking for all-around tech-savvy, intelligent, empathetic, and efficient people who have a commitment to helping Omada define and advance digital health coaching.
Your role is to guide participants through Omada’s 16-week online program to help them avoid progression to obesity-related chronic diseases. You will be fully supported by our online platform, which includes a detailed curriculum and technology to help track participants’ progress. You will leverage this cutting-edge platform to strategically coach participants through our program, using data science to inform outreach methods during moments that matter. Your primary responsibilities will include private messaging participants through our platform and facilitating conversation on a group board. Additionally, you will actively collaborate with our Clinical, Data, Product and Operations teams to discover and drive digital health coaching best practices.
The work will be done remotely from your home using an Omada-provided computer. You will be required to attend several remote meetings per week which are held during business hours (9 AM - 5 PM); additionally, some travel will be required for quarterly in-person team meetings.
You will love this job if you have/are:
- The ability the translate face-to-face interactions to the digital world
- A compassionate and empathetic "people person”
- A strong commitment to participant privacy
- Excited to be at the intersection of healthcare and technology
- Proven technical ability and a high level of tech savviness
- A firm grasp on effective and efficient communication through digital platforms
- A fast learner and are able to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Committed to Omada’s mission and the lifestyle changes we inspire
- Minimum education: Bachelor’s degree
- Must possess an active Certified Dietitian, Certified Nutritionist, or Certified Dietitian-Nutritionist license through the New York State Education Department
- Available during business hours (9 AM - 5 PM) Monday - Friday
- Successful digital health coaching experience
- Possess an active Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) Lifestyle Coach certification
- Possess an active Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) certification through the National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators (NCBDE)
- Competitive salary
- Flexible vacation plan
- Parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision
- Allowance for home office setup
- Stipend for professional development
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
About Omada Health: We’ve pioneered digital behavioral medicine: an innovative approach to tackling the growing epidemic of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. Our online programs combine world-class science, technology, and design to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease. Named one of Fast Company’s “50 Most Innovative Companies in the World,” our team includes passionate and talented individuals. Our approach has been embraced by major employers across the country, including Costco and Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Kaiser Permanente and BlueCross Blue Shield of Louisiana.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.