Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time.
As a Data Scientist partnering with Omada’s Coaching Team, you will have significant say in what you do and how you do it. You’ll be backed by a team of analysts, scientists, and engineers from a variety of disciplines including epidemiology, economics, statistics, and computer science. You’ll own projects from end to end, translating complex datasets into meaningful insights, visualizations, and stories to influence product and operational decisions and keep the team accountable to driving meaningful outcomes for our participants at scale.
Your work will empower impactful, personalized, and consistent health coaching at scale and will ultimately empower our program participants to lead healthier lives.
- Establish proxy metrics - Research, evaluate, and communicate metrics that tie coach product investments and operational initiatives to better health outcomes for participants
- Influence product and business direction - Plan, instrument, and evaluate product and operational strategies and tactics as an embedded partner to the Coaching Team, estimating impact with causal inference methods
- Democratize data - Empower stakeholders with tools to investigate and communicate their metrics through simple, lucid visualizations they understand and trust
- Build foundations - Architect, build, and maintain canonical coaching datasets to enable faster and more accurate metrics, dashboards, and project evaluations
You will be successful in this job if you have:
- Masters or Bachelors degree in a quantitative field or equivalent practical experience
- 2-5 years of applicable product or healthcare analytics experience
- Confidence with both relational (SQL) databases and non-relational data structures
- Confidence with statistical computation and data visualization in at least one relevant language (Python or R preferred)
- Experience automating dashboards with business intelligence tools (we use Tableau)
- Experience in experimentation and measurement. We're looking to streamline our experimentation reporting framework and would love your help
- Experience or passion in working with healthcare data
- Strong written and verbal communication. Comfortable working with loosely defined problems in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
Bonus points for:
- Expertise or passion for data visualization
- Experience with Airflow or similar workflow orchestration technologies
- Experience with Bayesian inference
- Experience with healthcare provider analytics or similar discipline
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation
- Parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision
- Healthy snacks and meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering
- 401k retirement savings plan
About Omada Health: We’ve pioneered digital behavioral medicine: an innovative approach to tackling the growing epidemic of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. Our online programs combine world-class science, technology, and design to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease. Named one of Fast Company’s “50 Most Innovative Companies in the World,” our team includes passionate and talented individuals. Our approach has been embraced by major employers across the country, including Costco and Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Kaiser Permanente and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.