Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time. We are a San Francisco-based healthcare and technology company.
We are looking for an engineering leader to help us with our mission by leading and growing our Data Engineering team.
Our Data Engineering team is responsible for design and development of our data platform including building scalable and reliable data processing pipelines and near real-time as well as offline data serving capabilities.
The team works very closely with the Data Analytics team, Data Science team and other product and engineering teams.
You will have freedom to innovate as you work closely with our partners to see the big picture, and figure out innovative ways to deliver the results. The best person will be an individual with exceptional leadership skills with hands on experience in Data Engineering.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other leads to superior results.
How you can make an impact:
- Lead the development of Omada’s data platform
- You will create a plan to build and scale our core data infrastructure so business teams can leverage health behavior data effectively to meet their goals
- You will lead a team of Data Engineers to execute against that plan, owning the team’s technical strategy and roadmap.
- Grow and manage a high-performance Data Engineering team
- You’ll partner with our Recruiting team to hire the best talent
- You’ll mentor and guide the professional and technical development of team members
- You will establish the processes needed to achieve operational excellence in critical areas, including SLA management, systems reliability, and developer productivity
- You will establish and own key performance metrics in close collaboration with Engineering and Product leadership
- You’ll build cross-functional relationships with Data Scientists, Data Analysts, Product Managers and Software Engineers to understand data needs and deliver on those needs
- Drive pan-engineering initiatives as an Engineering leader
- You will work with the Engineering Leadership team to develop new initiatives and improve existing processes across the entire engineering team, including data quality and system observability
- You’ll work with Engineering and Product Leadership to continuously reduce tech debt and make improvements in our systems.
- 5+ years of industry experience in data infrastructure or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in managing engineering teams
- Strong awareness of the various technologies and tools in the data infrastructure space
- Communication and leadership skills, with the ability to initiate and drive projects proactively
- Solid project management skills
- Solid understanding of computer science and software engineering fundamentals
- Motivation to participate in ongoing learning and growth through pair programming, code reviews, application of new technologies and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, intellectual curiosity, positive attitude, and a desire to influence the products being built
- Love of mentorship and experience developing people and teams through coaching, mentoring, and feedback
- Development experience in SQL
- Development experience in at least one scripting language (Python, Scala, Ruby, etc.)
- Familiarity with workflow management tools such as Airflow or Luigi and/or experience building robust production grade data pipelines
- Familiarity with supporting AI / ML in a production environment
- Experience in Agile development process
- Familiarity with Big data technologies: Spark, AWS Redshift, Hadoop, etc.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation
- Parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision
- Healthy snacks and meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering
- 401k retirement savings plan
About Omada Health: We’ve pioneered digital behavioral medicine: an innovative approach to tackling the growing epidemic of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. Our online programs combine world-class science, technology, and design to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease. Named one of Fast Company’s “50 Most Innovative Companies in the World,” our team includes passionate and talented individuals. Our approach has been embraced by major employers across the country, including Costco and Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Kaiser Permanente and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.