Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease.
The data team is responsible for building quantitative narratives and data products that empower healthy behavior change for our users and smarter decisions for our stakeholders. We are deeply motivated to learn what works (and what doesn’t) for health behavior change at scale, especially since Omada is paid when we improve clinical outcomes for our users.
As a Data Analyst, you will have significant say in what you do and how you do it, and you’ll be backed by a diverse team of analysts, scientists, and engineers from disciplines including epidemiology, economics, statistics, and computer science. Your work will drive business impact, alongside your own intellectual growth, and will ultimately inspire and enable participants in the Omada program to live free of chronic disease.
Data Analysts at Omada own projects from end to end, translating raw, complex datasets into meaningful insights, visualizations, and narratives that help our business and clients make critical decisions.
- Build analytic and reporting solutions for cross-functional business partners in product, design, user insights, finance, operations, and engineering
- Quantify participant and/or health coach behaviors so future product changes are prioritized appropriately and health outcomes are optimally improved
- Design and build self-service dashboards to measure performance and direct product teams’ efforts towards initiatives with the largest impact
- Define data to be collected for measuring success of new product features, and work with engineering on proper tracking and instrumentation of data
- Perform ad-hoc analyses for internal stakeholders
- Assist in core Data Team initiatives
- Provide tool training and assistance to internal stakeholders to democratize data and champion a data-driven culture
You will love this job if you are/have:
- Methodical. You put frameworks to unstructured problems
- Multimodal. You iterate through different presentations of data to better translate a problem and its solution so stakeholders from all backgrounds can understand the data
- Curious. You ask enough “whys” to get to the root problem of a data request
- Result-driven. You seek to find the most efficient and effective path to an analysis
- Business-sense. You know that solving hard problems require contextual understanding to put numbers to good use
- Detail-oriented. You typically catch “gotchas” before they get you
- Collaborative. You can work both as part of a team and in a self-directed manner
You will be successful in this job if you have:
- BA/BS in a quantitative field or equivalent practical experience
- 3-5 years of applicable industry experience in data analysis and visualization
- Experience working on cross-functional teams of engineers, product managers, and designers
- Confidence with at least 1 business intelligence tool, such as Tableau or Qlik Sense
- Confidence with SQL or other querying language
- Expertise in creating clear and concise presentations
- Expertise in addressing and prioritizing client inquiries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points for:
- Experience in writing ETLs
- Working knowledge of statistics, hypothesis testing, and experimental design
- Experience working with various types of healthcare data, such as claims data, enrollment data, and clinical data
- Competitive salary
- Stock options + extended post termination option exercise window (for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation
- Parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision
- Healthy snacks and meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering
- 401k retirement savings plan
About Omada Health: We’ve pioneered digital behavioral medicine: an innovative approach to tackling the growing epidemic of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. Our online programs combine world-class science, technology, and design to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease. Named one of Fast Company’s “50 Most Innovative Companies in the World,” our team includes passionate and talented individuals. Our approach has been embraced by major employers across the country, including Costco and Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Kaiser Permanente and BlueCross Blue Shield of Louisiana.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.