Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time.
As a member of our Platform Engineering team, you'll be responsible for advancing the Platform team's two pillars of doctrine. You'll grow to be capable in both roles, but you'll also have room to specialize if you want.
What you’ll do:
- Under our pillar of Engineering Empowerment, you will:
- Work with developers to design and improve developer tooling and capability, such as secrets-management or development environments
- Maintain and troubleshoot build infrastructure
- Help codify, implement, and iterate policies, workflows, and software around building, deploying, and hosting apps
- Under our pillar of Operational Integrity, you will:
- Oversee AWS environments, including resource provisioning and management, access delegation, and costs control
- Ensure that our architectures match our policies (and that our policies match our architectures)
- Manage high availability and disaster recovery systems, procedures, and readiness
- Towards both ends you'll work closely (including pair programming) with the rest of the Platform team, as well as with product engineering teams and other technical teams.
What you need for this role:
- Have 5+ years of relevant technical experience
- Comfortable working in, configuring, and troubleshooting virtual Linux server environments
- Fluent in at least one server configuration management tool, such as Ansible or Terraform; must like DAGs
- Dogmatic about alerting and monitoring; you want to be woken up when something important is broken, and left alone when nothing important is broken
- Willing to participate in an on-call rotation, for the day that something important does break
Bonus points for:
- The Ruby ecosystem
- Modern time-series monitoring, such as Prometheus
- Network layers (you can do subnet math in your head or read a tcpdump)
- Building, deploying, and/or hosting Docker
- Familiarity with the Hashicorp family of tools (Consul, Vault, Nomad, Terraform)
- Energized by the challenge of working within healthcare regulatory constraints
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation to help you rest, recharge, and connect with loved ones
- Generous parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (and above market employer contributions)
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Stipend for professional development
- Two giftable Omada enrollments per calendar year
- Healthy snacks and meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering opportunities, plus one day off per year to volunteer
- ...and more!
About Omada Health: Omada is a digital care program that empowers people to achieve their health goals through sustainable lifestyle change. Working primarily through health plans, employers, and integrated health systems, the company delivers personalized interventions for individuals at risk for, or dealing with, type 2 diabetes and hypertension, as well as anxiety and depression. Combining data-powered human coaching, connected devices, a proprietary technology platform, and curriculum tailored to an individual's specific conditions and circumstances, Omada has enrolled more than 300,000 participants to date. Omada partners include Cigna, Kaiser Permanente, Blue Cross Blue Shield Minnesota, and other leading health plans.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.