Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease.
Omada was created to improve people’s lives by helping them prevent and manage chronic disease. Our program aims to surround each individual with the personalized support, tools, and information they need to spark and sustain healthy behavior change.
To achieve that goal, we must continually gain new insights into the ‘why’s’ behind our participants’ beliefs and actions, and translate those insights into actionable product recommendations that take competing priorities and development realities into consideration.
That’s where you, our new Senior Researcher, comes in.
- Join forces with a diverse group of experts, working together to crack the nut of behavior change
- Adapt best practices and principles in research to a fast-paced, agile environment
- Meet regularly with key members across teams to identify research opportunities and challenges
- Determine the most efficient approach(es) to various projects — from low-n qual to high-n quant — and create processes and timelines that keep the research-aspects of those projects on track
- Inform every stage of the product design process through upfront generative research, early concept testing, concept refinement, usability, and post-launch feedback
- Develop strong research questions and establish/manage ongoing research loops to assess change over time
- Teach the craft of research by bringing non-research team members into the process and mentoring junior team members
- Craft compelling presentations that socialize research findings within the company, and help us all stay in touch with the people whose lives we hope to impact on a daily basis — #participantsfirst
In return, we’ll welcome you into a Product Team full of big-hearted, creative thinkers who strive to maintain an inclusive, positive environment where you’ll feel comfortable and capable of doing your best work.
You will love this job if you have:
- 5+ years experience in design research
- A keen eye for spotting patterns in complex data
- Deep empathy for people who struggle to improve their health
- Strong knowledge of and passion for the craft of research
- Experience working in a shipping product team
- Experience managing multiple project threads at once
- Well-honed recruiting and interview skills
- The ability to drive progress independently and through collaboration
Bonus points for:
- SQL skills
- Work in healthcare and/or behavior change
- Work with a data science team
- Experience with Surveygizmo
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation
- Parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision
- Healthy snacks and meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering
- 401k retirement savings plan
About Omada Health: We’ve pioneered digital behavioral medicine: an innovative approach to tackling the growing epidemic of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. Our online programs combine world-class science, technology, and design to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease. Named one of Fast Company’s “50 Most Innovative Companies in the World,” our team includes passionate and talented individuals. Our approach has been embraced by major employers across the country, including Costco and Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Kaiser Permanente and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.