Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and engage people in lifelong health, one step at a time.
We're looking for an experienced Senior Android Developer who knows how to build out and maintain Android applications with multiple services. Right now, our API is built in Ruby on Rails.
If you're ready to guide technical decision making and work hands-on with some of the best engineers in the health industry, this role is for you. We value agile, test-driven development and constant collaboration. Our team practices pair programming full time, so you’ll have the opportunity to learn techniques from everyone as well as to share your skills.
This role is located in our San Francisco headquarters.
You will be successful in this job if you have:
- Experience launching an Android app on the Play store
- Exposure to TDD and automated testing (Espresso / JUnit / Jenkins)
- 5+ years of Java experience for Android development (Kotlin is a bonus)
- An understanding of server-client relationships and networking libraries (e.g. Retrofit)
- Experience implementing a MVVM architecture using Google Architecture components (e.g. Jetpack)
- Experience with online/offline state syncing
- Familiarity with data binding
- Competitive salary
- Stock options + extended post termination option exercise window (for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation
- Parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision
- Healthy snacks and meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering
- 401k retirement savings plan
About Omada Health: We’ve pioneered digital behavioral medicine: an innovative approach to tackling the growing epidemic of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. Our online programs combine world-class science, technology, and design to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease. Named one of Fast Company’s “50 Most Innovative Companies in the World,” our team includes passionate and talented individuals. Our approach has been embraced by major employers across the country, including Costco and Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Kaiser Permanente and BlueCross Blue Shield of Louisiana.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.