Omada Health is on a mission to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease.
Omada is hiring a Health Coach Manager of CDE coaches providing care for type-2 participants. You will also assist the Health Coach Operations team in designing and implementing the processes and protocols necessary to support a new team of remote coaches who will be focused on delivering care to new product offerings. Your day-to-day work will include the day-to-day management of a remote team of health coaches; adapting the current team processes and protocols to deliver disease management care and support to participants; collaborating with Medical Affairs on the shape of clinical supervision; interfacing with the participant and coaching product teams in building the tools to enable new health coaching protocols. This position reports to Omada’s Manager of Health Coach Operations.
You are passionate about providing lifestyle education at scale, particularly using digital tools to connect participants to coaches. You have a CDE credential. You are well-versed in clinical best practices for managing chronic conditions such as Type-2 diabetes and hypertension. You excel in a highly collaborative and cross-functional role. Finally, you are a strong player-coach, with the skills and compassion to lead, serve, and partner in a fast-paced team environment.
- Day-to-day support of a staff of CDE health coaches
- Deliver performance management data and feedback to these coaches
- Work side-by-side with our medical affairs, product, and data science teams to ensure delivery of high quality coaching for Type-2 diabetes and hypertension
- Advise and consult with Omada’s medical affairs team on the development of clinical protocols, training, and clinical oversight
- Build out the team processes and protocols for recruiting, hiring, and onboarding a new class of health coaches who will provide disease management care for Type-2 diabetes and hypertension
- Design health coach training courses and serve as both a consultant and a collaborative partner to our medical affairs team
- Develop the performance management approach for new coach protocols
- Stay current on diabetes education and weight management best practices to leverage proven techniques to enhance program engagement and outcomes
You will love this job if you:
- Have 3+ years experience as a health coach for lifestyle change
- Are great at designing and implementing processes at the detailed level
- Have additional background or interest in health technology, informatics, or telemedicine
- Have stellar written and oral communication skills
- Are a certified diabetes educator (CDE)
- Also have a valid license as an RD, RN, RNP, CNS, ANRP, PA, or NP
- Have a desire to grow into a people management role, with a strong commitment to practice servant leadership
- Competitive salary
- Stock options (extended post termination option exercise window for Omadans who are with us 3 years or more)
- Flexible vacation
- Parental leave
- Health, dental, and vision
- Healthy snacks and meals
- Wellness events (e.g. running club)
- Community volunteering
- 401k retirement savings plan
About Omada Health: We’ve pioneered digital behavioral medicine: an innovative approach to tackling the growing epidemic of type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and obesity. Our online programs combine world-class science, technology, and design to inspire and enable people everywhere to live free of chronic disease. Named one of Fast Company’s “50 Most Innovative Companies in the World,” our team includes passionate and talented individuals. Our approach has been embraced by major employers across the country, including Costco and Iron Mountain, as well as leading health plans, such as Cigna, Kaiser Permanente and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana.
We carefully hire the best talent we can find, which means actively seeking diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and ways of thinking. We strive to build an inclusive culture where differences are celebrated and leveraged to inform better design and business decisions. Omada is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.