We connect local people to buy, sell or exchange used goods and services by making it fast and easy for anyone to post a listing through their mobile phone or on the web. Hundreds of millions of people in local markets all around the globe generate more than 1.9 billion monthly visits, 37 billion monthly page views and 54 million listings every month on the OLX Group’s online marketplaces.
EU Data Team at OLX in Poland, Lisbon and Berlin is responsible for data management and enabling data consumption. Our mission is “We enable simple and efficient use of data to generate insights, fuelling product enhancement and business decisions”. Objectives around stack, quality, data mastery and innovation enable us to focus on creating value for hundreds of internal users, which in turn, create value for OLX users.
What you will be doing:
- Designing and building data quality engine responsible for automated testing of high-volume data sets;
- Helping with continuous integration and regression testing processes;
- Helping with test plans and test cases;
- Building and integrating APIs;
- Automating processes to save time and money;
- Cooperating with varied data producers and consumers, ranging from product, business analytics to data science and global data teams.
Who we’re looking for:
- Knowledge of CI/CD;
- Understanding microservices architecture;
- Understanding of data quality practices;
- Understanding how to build data products and pipelines in a scalable way, designing appropriately for data growth in terms of storage and performance;
- Collaborative, open and flexible mindset with critical thinking;
- Problem solving and perseverance;
- Curiosity, willingness and ability to learn quickly and constantly, learn from others and share knowledge;
- Good English (minimum B2).
- Knowledge of Python
- Knowledge of AWS (Lambda, S3, RDS, DynamoDB) - every other service will be a big plus
- Knowledge of SQL (you know how to join)
Nice to have:
- Serverless framework
- Terraform / CloudFormation
- React, Angular
What we’ll give you:
- Chance to create impact on how millions of people trade every day;
- Fun and informal environment where getting stuff done and enjoying the ride is far more important than rules and hierarchies;
- Access to the latest tools and know-how;
- The spirit and agility of a start-up with the maturity that comes from being part of a 100-year-old company.
At OLX Group, we shape the future of trade to unlock the hidden value in everything.
We shape the future of trade as one of the world’s fastest-growing networks of trading platforms, operating in 30+ countries under 20+ well-loved brands including OLX, Otomoto, letgo, Property24, and many more.
We love to unlock value for our customers. Every single month, 300 million people use our platforms to easily, safely, and conveniently find their perfect home, buy or sell a car, find a great job, sell things they no longer need, or strike a great deal on something they need. And we help thousands of entrepreneurs and businesses find their customers too.
We also unlock value within our company. We invest in ourselves and each other to reach our full potential. We avoid bureaucracy and empower our teams to innovate. Our commitment to inclusion ensures we listen to a diverse range of voices when making decisions. And, we combine the spirit and agility of a startup with our global scale and the backing of Prosus, one of the largest consumer internet groups in the world.
Last but not least, we unlock value for our stakeholders. We are proud of the positive contribution we make to our planet, by enabling more conscious consumption and helping the world make the most of its limited resources through more efficient trade.
We are committed to our cause: shaping the future of trade to unlock the hidden value in everything. We are OLX Group.
We are turning Diversity & Inclusion into our superpower and competitive advantage. We encourage people of all races, ethnicities, disabilities, ages, gender identity or expression, backgrounds and experiences to consider applying for this role.
If you are as excited as we are about this position and our company, we hope you’ll let us know by applying! If you’d like to learn more about us take a look around our careers page and the OLX Group website.