OLX Group is one of the world’s fastest-growing networks of trading platforms, serving 300 million people every month and operating in 30+ countries across 5 continents. We shape the future of trade to unlock the hidden value in everything.
We help people buy and sell cars, find housing, get jobs, buy and sell household goods, and much more. With more than 20 well-loved local brands including OLX, Otomoto, and Property24, our solutions are built to be safe, smart, and convenient for our customers.
We are powered by a diverse workforce of 10,000+ talented individuals, together building an inclusive culture around the world. We have the strong financial and operational backing of Prosus, one of the largest consumer internet groups in the world.
Who we’re looking for:
We're looking for a Data Program Manager to join the global data science team for OLX Group. This team is responsible for aligning the data science initiatives within different business units from OLX Group operating as a center of excellence while also contributing to strategic data related initiatives that spans the whole company. You will have the opportunity to work with highly experienced engineers, partner with senior product and business leaders and cross-functional teams to deliver successful outcomes for important and complex product initiatives with many stakeholders, competing deadlines, and moving parts.
As a Data Program Manager we will have to be able to deal with ambiguous situations and collaborate with the stakeholders to deliver results will be crucial for success in this role. Ideal candidates have a strong business acumen and a proven track record managing cross-functional projects. As a Data Program Manager, you would be required to monitor the overall project progress, anticipate risks, resolve issues and initiate corrective action as appropriate. The successful candidate will have experience in managing complex projects, and have the ability to influence cross-functional stakeholders to implement initiatives supporting the objectives.
What you will be doing:
- Map, analyze and explore all of OLXs Group machine learning projects;
- Conduct surveys, deep diving into the Data Scientists needs;
- Co-own OLX Group data conference and data initiatives;
- Cooperate with other departments identifying white space, building relationships and opportunities;
- Lead working groups surrounding data strategic themes;
- Assist team management and planning.
- Co-lead the communication strategy within the data science group.
What you will need to excel in this role:
- Professional experience in the data science field;
- Expertise in program management;
- Intellectual curiosity, a growth mindset, and the desire to constantly improve;
- Excellent analytical and communication abilities;
- Self-starter; able to drive multiple high-profile projects forward, leveraging relationships to drive results;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and a hands-on attitude.;
- Passionate about technology and marketplaces, and deep interest to shape the future of online second-hand trade (Previous experience in e-commerce / online marketplaces is a big plus).
What we’ll give you:
- Outstanding opportunity to become a part of an international team of committed people learning from one another and contributing to the global Prosus Classifieds success.
- Work remotely from any place based in Spain.
- Great place to learn and develop within a fast-growing, global classifieds leader which opens further career opportunities in the diverse world of OLX and Prosus.
- Fun and informal environment where getting stuff done and enjoying the ride is far more important than rules and hierarchies.
- You will have perks like company self-service, food supply, bonus system for good performance, and others.
Inspired and interested in the job? Be encouraged to apply in English!
It only takes a few minutes to apply using our simple application template. Once submitted online our talent scouts promise to give it serious consideration. We will try to get back to you as soon as possible, and we will respond to every application no matter what.
We are curious, results-oriented and allergic to corporate interference. We improvise, experiment and push each other further, embracing uncertainty and inspiring change!
We are turning Diversity & Inclusion into our superpower and competitive advantage. We encourage people of all races, ethnicities, disabilities, ages, gender identity or expression, backgrounds and experiences to consider applying for this role.