OLX Group Academy
<Code your future>
Meet OLX Group Academy, the newly formed trainee program launched by OLX Group in 2021. The Academy will run its second edition this year and it is a great opportunity across our 3 main tech hubs (Lisbon, Berlin and Poznan) to bootstrap your career through a 6-month program for developing young talent through an immersive learning experience.
Are you about to finish your academic journey and looking for an opportunity in a people-first company? Then this is the right program for you!
- Continue learning in a fast-growing, global e-commerce leader.
- State of the art machine learning & technologies.
- Team with diverse technical and cultural backgrounds.
- Custom-built development plan to make sure you succeed in your journey.
- Fun and informal culture - Getting stuff done and enjoying the ride is far more important than rules and hierarchies.
- More career opportunities will open after the internship in the diverse world of OLX and Prosus (one of the largest technology investors holding brands as PayU, iFood, Udemy).
- Competitive salary plus other perks and benefits.
- Flexibility to work from whatever suits you the best: the office, your home or an hybrid environment.
Curious about our world? Keep reading!
<Unlock the hidden value in everything you do>
As a Data Science Trainee you will contribute to building experiences in one of the fastest-growing marketplaces in Europe. We develop products that our users love and we see the benefit in our yearly turnover.
We build algorithmic solutions to facilitate transactions between our buyers and sellers. We are developing personalization technologies and optimization strategies that have a direct impact on our users as well as the company's bottom line.
You will be encouraged to research state-of-the-art machine learning, in the areas of user segmentation, image metadata extraction, semi-supervised learning, and more. Applying these methods to core OLX product platforms deployed in the cloud that are affecting the user experience for millions of visitors per month, rolling your solutions to production, analyzing model results offline and online, and measuring site impact!
<Our special one profile>
- Last year student or recent graduate with a Computer Science or similar degree.
- Open to explore more about Machine Learning, Data Engineering, Frontend, Backend or Infrastructure.
- Comfortable with data & computer science fundamentals and programming practices.
- Loves learning because continuous learning is key for success.
- Self-motivated with a passion for both the online business and technology.
- Eager to give and take from a diverse Engineering community.
- Fluent in English.
Encouraged and interested? So... What are you waiting for? Apply now!
Applications close in May 2022.