We’re looking for a Product Design Manager with exceptional design, communication and people management skills to lead a team of designers. We’re looking for a strong visual and interaction skills experience, and the ability to help shape product strategy will be imperative as you will lead the design direction and strive to push forward overall design quality.
The role can be based anywhere in Germany (remote) or in Berlin (we have a beautiful office near Alexanderplatz).
What responsibilities will you get when working with us?
- Leading and developing a team of Product Designers, setting up clear goals and expectations managing project loads, allocating designers accordingly, setting up your team members for overall success.
- Mentor and guide the team to develop best practices, ensuring a high bar of quality
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product Management, Engineering, User Research, Data Science, and other disciplines to ensure a smooth product development process
- Recruit new design team members, and actively participate in the hiring process
- Roll up your sleeves and contribute as a designer when necessary.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 2 years industry experience with proven track record in a people management role, building out and managing a design team
- Minimum 5 years of design experience
- A portfolio of work that contains examples of Interaction (UX) Design and Visual Systems Development for digital applications that work in cross-platform environments
- Experience in leading and contributing product strategy
- The ability to leverage and communicate with data to drive change and adapt
What can we offer you:
- Be part of an international, ambitious, and successful team working with experienced people who will support you through this journey at OLX Group.
- Challenging topics and plenty of opportunities to use, scale, and grow your craft in the design area.
- Ability to upskill your leadership skills and expand your experience in this area.
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits such as life and health insurance, bonus scheme, etc.
- Learning & Development budget.
- Career guidance & path.
- Flexible working hours.
- Everyday snacks, fruit, and drinks in the office and a healthy fruit package to your doorstep to ease the pandemic time.
- Travel opportunities across our European hubs (when the current coronavirus situation gets stable).
OLX Group is one of the world’s fastest-growing networks of trading platforms, serving 300 million people every month and operating in 30+ countries across 5 continents. We shape the future of trade to unlock the hidden value in everything. We help people buy and sell cars, find housing, get jobs, buy and sell household goods, and much more. With more than 20 well-loved local brands including, OLX, Otomoto, and Property24, our solutions are built to be safe, smart, and convenient for our customers. We are powered by a diverse workforce of 10,000+ talented individuals, together building an inclusive culture around the world. We have the strong financial and operational backing of Prosus, one of the largest consumer internet groups in the world.
We are turning Diversity & Inclusion into our superpower and competitive advantage. We encourage people of all races, ethnicities, disabilities, ages, gender identity or expression, backgrounds and experiences to consider applying for this role.