We're looking for Engineering Manager, based in either Warsaw or Poznań to build and lead our newly formed pack in Jobs & Services Pillar
As an Engineering Manager, you'll be responsible for managing a distributed interdisciplinary team working closely with a Product Manager, constantly delivering value to our customers. You will be given great deal of autonomy to shape the team, but remember with great power comes great responsibility.
Jobs & Services are leading categories at OLX and we are looking for outstanding leaders that are not afraid to challenge the status quo and make those categories even greater by bringing engineering excellence, opinions and mentorship to the table.
What you will be doing:
Your work with us is to lead and shape an effective multi-functional team of 8-10 people of which 4-6 engineers are under your direct management. You will be:
- Contributing to scaling our platform to the next level of modularity & shareability while working on architecture, tools, standards, and practices for the European Engineering department
- Hiring, onboarding, mentoring, coaching, feedback and career development of the engineering team.
- Putting in place and continuously improving quality practices (code quality, testing, release management).
- Supporting the team with as much or little process as they require, e.g. implementing Scrum or other methodology effectively.
- Working together with the team’s product manager to align technology solutions with the product vision.
Who we’re looking for:
- Ability to form excitement/hype around engineering, promoting a healthy culture.
- Able to partner with product people on equal grounds, bring their own opinion to the table and actively take part in product discovery.
- Previous Experience as a Software Engineer or in a similar field in Computer Science.
- Track Record of proven people management experience focused on developing and growing people. Not just on putting people on the path, but dealing with all sorts of situations.
- Passion and experience architecting, building and scaling services, cloud-based systems serving millions of users. Experience in high-scale migrations is highly welcome for this role.
- Familiarity with Golang and Serverless architecture would be a plus
What we’ll give you:
- A competitive salary with a performance bonus, up to 20% of your annual salary
- Unique opportunity to become a part of an international team of top engineers learning from one another and contributing to the global OLX Group success
- Working with and impacting all Classifieds websites in Europe collaborating with European and other International Hubs.
- Extraordinary place to learn and develop within fast growing, global classifieds leader which opens further career opportunities in diverse world of OLX and Prosus
- Work in a multicultural and international environment. We currently have 50+ nationalities!
- Great Perks as a baseline, including 100% remote working (if you wish), working with Serverless architecture, opportunity to go for courses and conferences, etc...
What you need to know about us:
OLX Group is one of the world’s fastest-growing networks of trading platforms, serving 300 million people every month and operating in 30+ countries across 5 continents. We shape the future of trade to unlock the hidden value in everything. We help people buy and sell cars, find housing, get jobs, buy and sell household goods, and much more. With more than 20 well-loved local brands including Avito, OLX, Otomoto, and Property24, our solutions are built to be safe, smart, and convenient for our customers. We are powered by a diverse workforce of 10,000+ talented individuals, together building an inclusive culture around the world. We have the strong financial and operational backing of Prosus, one of the largest consumer internet groups in the world.
We are turning Diversity & Inclusion into our superpower and competitive advantage. We encourage people of all races, ethnicities, disabilities, ages, gender identity or expression, backgrounds and experiences to consider applying for this role.