300M monthly active users; US$ 1.3 billion revenue & +37% Growth (FY 20)
Part of Naspers’ Prosus, one of the biggest technology investors in the world.
+30 countries. +20 Brands. Powered by +7500 employees representing 82 nationalities.
That’s what’s on our plate at OLX Group. And that's why we need your help.
Join Us. Shape your career with us
Location: India, Mexico, Amsterdam & Indonesia
About the Job:
The Head of Strategy will be working closely with the OLX Autos Business Unit CEO, operate at a global level, and collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders across our markets (Asia, LATAM, and the US), Autos leadership, Group Executive level, and beyond to enable business outcomes.
S/he will have the end-to-end visibility across OLX Autos businesses and contribute to the efficient and impactful operations of the business Unit including creating and managing the rhythm of business, developing new processes, and streamlining existing ones, providing recommendations on organizational challenges, participating in overall strategy discussions and facilitating business execution, on behalf of the Autos CEO. You are comfortable doing many things in parallel - thinking critically about strategic issues, framing key decisions and building consensus around them, building relationships with senior stakeholders across the globe, and generally being a strategic thought partner to the business. You will work with 2 team members.
● Develop and execute the organization's rhythm of business processes
● Develop and drive performance and deep dive cycles (Monthly/Quarterly/Annually) including preparation and follow-ups. Track progress and drive completion of actions across the business in alignment with LT commitments
● Source competitive intelligence and drive market and strategic insights
● Perform competitive, performance, and market feedback analysis to identify areas of risk/opportunity, propose initiatives to mitigate or accelerate those and drive high-impact ad hoc projects if required.
● Define and execute M&A strategy discussions and project plans.
● Drive communications of major corporate milestones with Internal communications and Brand teams.
● 10+ years of experience with MBA or master’s degree preferred, ideally a combination of top management consulting & operational role(s)
● Strong business Acumen: The ability to understand the parts of the business and their interrelationships. This includes skill in understanding the industry, competition, and expected future developments and challenges, the business's competitive strengths and weaknesses, opportunities to grow the business, and awareness of the environment for opportunities.
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, the ability to extract insights from data and simplify complex problems
● Strong project management skills: the ability to drive multiple high-profile projects forward, effective leverage of all resources to drive results
● Internal and external negotiations experience with an ability to work across organizational boundaries to build alignment
● Ability to think strategically and display thought leadership when engaging executives.
● Previous experience in e-commerce/marketplace is a big plus.
● Well-honed written, verbal, and creative communication skills, including ability to translate insight into content, create slides and written presentations, create overall communication plans.
● Proven track record to collaborate/communicate effectively across hierarchies and across cultures
Our D&I Statement
We are turning Diversity & Inclusion into our superpower and competitive advantage. We encourage people of all races, ethnicities, disabilities, ages, gender identity or expression, backgrounds, and experiences to consider applying for this role.
Check our careers website here.
Check out our talent, product, engineering, and design blogs here
Follow us on Linkedin