322M monthly active users; US$ 1.6B revenue & +18% Growth (FY21); Part of Naspers’ Prosus, one of the biggest technology investors in the world; 30+ countries; 20+ brands; 10,000+ people; 81 nationalities; That’s what’s on our plate at OLX. Find your team. Shape your career with us.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are hiring a Backend Software Development Engineer responsible for handling the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your main focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end across web and mobile products of the organisation.
Role; Backend Software Engineer - III | Location; Bengaluru (HSR Layout) | Experience; 6-9 Year's
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use. Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Implementation of security and data protection. Design and implementation of data storage solutions.
- Deploy your changes to development and production servers frequently. Perform code reviews and use the Git-flow branching model to stay in sync with the team.
- Drive innovation in a practical, measurable way. The desire to be continually learning about emerging technologies/industry trends and standard methodologies.
- Primary Requirement: Experience in software development and coding in back-end programming language like Python or Go.
- Experience of HTTP(s) web services, RESTful concepts and Micro-service architecture.
- Good understanding of data structures, algorithms and object oriented programming and problem solving. Has experience in Django framework or Node.js runtime environment. Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Grasp of relational Databases like PostgreSQL is must along with other data stores like Redis and Elasticsearch is a plus.
- Understanding of queue management systems/frameworks like RabbitMQ, Celery, etc.
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system. Data migration, transformation, and scripting.
- Graduate / Post Graduate Engineering Background BE/B-Tech/ME/M-Tech in Computer Science, Computer Engineering equivalent or related technical field (preferably IITs/Ns/IIITs/BITs).
- Experience working within Agile environments: Scrum or Kanban
- Experience of working in product companies. Enjoys working on a small team and start-up environment.
- A minimum of 4+year experience in backend development in product based projects.
- Proficiency in Spoken and Written English, Punctual and Meticulous in making high quality decisions based on limited information.
Why OLX People!
OLX People is part of OLX Group. OLX Group is one of the world’s fastest-growing networks of trading platforms, serving 300 million people every month and operating in 30+ countries across 5 continents. We shape the future of trade to unlock the hidden value in everything.
We help people buy and sell cars, find housing, get jobs, buy and sell household goods, and much more. With more than 20 well-loved local brands including Avito, OLX, Otomoto, and Property24, our solutions are built to be safe, smart, and convenient for our customers.
We are powered by a diverse workforce of 10,000+ talented individuals, together building an inclusive culture around the world. We have the strong financial and operational backing of Prosus, one of the largest consumer internet groups in the world.
Over the years, OLX People (formerly Aasaanjobs acquired by OLX Group in 2019) have evolved into an end-to-end recruitment marketplace connecting employers, for jobs across hierarchies in an organization.
Recognised a recurring problem in the job market. Access to a dependable database of candidates in the entry level and blue collar job segments was largely restricted and the hiring process highly disorganised. This was due to a crippling unavailability of information regarding skill benchmarks as well as job requirements. It was therefore significant to create a repository of data containing information about jobs as well as candidates in this segment. OLX People was thus born as a means to address this problem.
Vision: Our target is to cross over 1 million joinings annually. To achieve this, we have initiated the process of creating a recruitment marketplace where recruiters help companies hire and grow by using a highly curated process of searching and screening candidates through a highly tech efficient platform.
Our D&I Statement;
- We are turning Diversity & Inclusion into our superpower and competitive advantage. We encourage people of all races, ethnicities, disabilities, ages, gender identity or expression, backgrounds and experiences to consider applying for this role.
Check our careers website here.-- select Brand OLX People on website