This role can be based anywhere in Romania.
We’re looking for a remote (Senior) Software Engineer who will focus on developing the backend of our real estate applications: Otodom in Poland, Imovirtual in Portugal and Storia in Romania. We’re a team of 10,000 ambitious, curious people building marketplace platforms that make it super easy for anyone to buy and sell almost anything, boosting local economies.
What you will be doing :
- Working in a small cross-functional team (product, testers, analytic, front-end, back-end, DevOps)
- Working on well-known marketplace with very high traffic
- Building the biggest and best use case of Serverless technology in Poland
- Creating high-available backend solutions for internal and external users
- Contributing to an architecture of multi-country marketplace
- Crafting architecture of new high-available micro-services
- Constantly improve your skills by attending internal and external workshops and conferences
- Be a part of hardworking developers that actually care about product and technology
Who we’re looking for:
- Experience with Go
- PHP background is nice to have
- Ideally serverless production experience
- Desire to help OLX Group in building the biggest Serverless use case in Poland
- Background working with relational databases as well as non-relational databases, e.g. MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis, Memcached
- Has a good understanding of cloud architecture, ideally AWS. Phenomenal if you know DevOps technology like Terraform or CloudFormation
- Is responsible for the work, motivated by the quality of delivered solutions
- Is able to think from a user perspective — it's important not only to know how to seek a technical problem but also to understand why
- Strong team-player, open discussions and for cross hub collaborations
- Bonus points for experience with: GraphQL, Docker, Kubernetes, GitLab, CI/CD
What we’ll give you:
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus: 10-15%
- Outstanding opportunity to become a part of an international team of top engineers learning from one another and contributing to the global OLX success, based in Poznań
- Working with and impacting all OLX websites around the world
- Training and conference budget
- Benefit package
- Remote work
What you'll need to know about us:
- OLX Group is one of the world’s fastest-growing networks of trading platforms.
- We operate more than 20 well-loved local brands, including Avito, OLX, Property24, Otomoto, and many more across 30+ countries on 5 continents.
- We shape the future of trade to unlock the hidden value in everything. This is how we do it:
- We unlock value for our 300 million monthly users, helping them buy and sell cars, find housing, get jobs, buy and sell household goods, and more.
- We unlock value for entrepreneurs and businesses, helping them find customers.
- We unlock value in the world’s limited resources, by inspiring more conscious consumption through trade.
- We unlock value within our team of 10,000+ people. We invest in ourselves and each other to reach our full potential.
- We are committed to building an inclusive culture that seeks out the diverse perspectives and experiences of our people and becomes a company superpower and strategic competitive advantage.
- We avoid bureaucracy and empower our teams to innovate.
- OLX Group combines the spirit and agility of a startup with our global scale and the backing of Prosus, one of the largest consumer internet groups in the world.
Our D&I Statement:
We are turning Diversity & Inclusion into our superpower and competitive advantage. We encourage people of all races, ethnicities, disabilities, ages, gender identity or expression, backgrounds and experiences to consider applying for this role.