As an Engineering Manager in our Motors hub, you'll get the chance to work with various people from a completely international environment and have the autonomy to implement your ideas and processes in your very own team with us. You'll work with similar peers to deliver various features but also solidify the current platform, updating it to modern trends.
You will contribute to build experiences in one of the fastest and key marketplaces: Motors. The European Motors Team is developing the Vertical Motors Platforms for many valuable markets figuring many millions in revenue. Among our brands you can find Otomoto.pl in Poland, Autovit.ro in Romania and in Portugal, Standvirtual.pt. Isn't this awesome or what? Great! But do you know what is even most exciting? You can be a key contributor of the platform where a friend of yours can find a dream car at a fair price. Yes, your work will impact people's lives!
What you will be doing
Your work with us is to lead and shape an effective multi-functional team of 6-10 people of which 3-6 engineers are under your direct management. As such you'll be responsible for:
- Contribute to scaling our platform to the next level of modularity & shareability while working on architecture, tools, standards, and practices for the engineering European organization.
- Hiring, onboarding, mentoring, coaching, feedback, and career development of the engineering team.
- Technical leadership by putting in place and continuously improving development and quality practices (design, code reviews, code quality, testing, release management)
- Supporting the team with as much or little process as they require, e.g. implementing the best methodology that brings efficiency to your team.
- Work with recruiting team to find and interview engineers
- Be responsible for the planning, execution, and success of our product features.
- Working together with the team’s product responsible to align technology solutions with the product vision.
Who we’re looking for
- Experience in Software Engineering or in a similar field in Computer Science.
- Proven people management experience focused on developing and growing teams and its people. Not just on putting people on the path, but dealing with all sorts of situations.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, adaptability, problem solving, and critical thinking
- Ability to lead by example not being afraid to take risks and to go beyond what’s expected
- Solution oriented, and when issues arise, be able to roll up sleeves and tackle them with a ‘get it done’ attitude
- Passion and experience designing, building and scaling services, cloud-based systems serving millions of users. Experience in high-scale migrations is highly welcome for this role.
- Evaluates and creates new product features in collaboration with the product team, while guaranteeing its success.
What we’ll give you
- Unique opportunity to become a part of an international team of top engineers learning from one another and contributing to the global OLX Group success.
- Working with and impacting all Classifieds websites in Europe collaborating with European and other International Hubs.
- A phenomenal place to learn and develop within fast-growing, global classifieds leader which opens further career opportunities in a diverse world of OLX and Prosus
- A company committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees and create equal opportunities
- Work in a multicultural and international environment. We currently have over 20 nationalities in Portugal!
- Great Perks as a baseline, including, opportunity to go for conferences and open selection of training e-courses including MyAcademy, Udemy and specialist AWS trainings
- One of the most amazing offices in Lisbon.
What you'll need to know about us
Every month more than 350 million people use our trading platforms. We’re going for a billion. We estimate that 17 million items are exchanged on our apps and platforms every single month.
We are curious, ambitious, and allergic to corporate interference! We improvise, experiment, and push each other further, accepting uncertainty and motivating change.
We are part of Prosus, the global internet group of Naspers, and one of the largest technology investors in the world, holding brands as Tencent, PayU, iFood, Udemy, Movile, between many others ! Around a fifth of the world’s population improve their daily lives using the products and services of companies that Naspers operates and invests in.
If you are as excited as us about this position and our company, we hope to encourage you to join us. Want to learn more about us? Take a look at the other parts of our website.