We’re looking for an experienced Engineering Manager OR Sr. Engineering Manager who will be required to drive strong collaboration between the engineers, product managers and business leaders and strong quality of products to make our platforms safer for customers.
We’re part of a team of 5,000 ambitious, curious people building marketplace platforms that make it super easy for anyone to buy and sell almost anything, boosting local economies.
What responsibilities will you get when working with us?
- Be a great engineer yourself to enable you to hire, mentor and develop talent in your team challenging them to be their very best versions
- Work closely with the Product Manager, your team and other teams across the group using agile methodologies to lead all aspects of OLX’s software strategy to build the best classifieds platform
- Estimate, plan, divide and conquer customer problem areas through sturdily developed and highly performant technical solutions.
- Handle competing priorities and ambiguity whilst resolving problems and roadblocks as they occur and following through on details to drive issues to closure
- Communicate and work effectively with geographically distributed cross functional teams.
- Drive for continuous improvement in and coach your team to be ever more effective in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Deliver direct value to the customer and not just stop with internal delivery
- Partner with the Recruiting Team to build candidate pipeline and improve our hiring process and employer branding strategy
- Become knowledgeable and participative about the roadmap and execute against it
- Build an environment of trust and provide mentorship and advice.
What will you need to be successful in this role?
- 9+ years of experience as a software engineer or lead solving real world customer problems
- 3+ years of experience as a people manager having led and developed high performing engineering teams.
- BE / B.Tech / M.Tech from a premier institute - preferably in Computer Science
- Strong understanding of object- oriented programming, concurrency and fundamentals of computer-science.
- Strong problem solving skills, data structures and algorithms.
- You love building services that are robust, scalable, and performance. You take pride in your accomplishments but also aim to do better each day continuously.
- Strong technical skills and critical thinking, and ability to communicate your vision at high levels to technical audiences and top management
- Participate and contribute in architectural discussions / decisions.
- Experience in:
- Java, XML, JSON, Junit, Scala / Kotlin, Algorithms etc.
- RESTful Micro Services
- Apache Tomcat, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Docker,
- AWS: EC2, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB
- Working in a fast-paced, flat, agile, and distributed environment is your preference to continue to develop your career
What we’ll give you:
- Contributing to the global OLX Group success
- International travel, career and growth opportunities
- Work with an international team of top engineers learning from one another
- Opportunity to pursue you further academic goals
- Competitive salary and great benefits