WE'RE HERE TO BRING DELIGHT TO THE WORLD OF NUTRITION
OLLY is a fast-growing company working to bring simplicity and delight to the world of nutrition. Yes, stuff like vitamins and probiotics. We see only upside in the opportunity to transform the category experience. Not only that, we believe you can't have happy without healthy. And isn't true happiness where it's at? So we've made it our personal mission to help people make healthy choices by making it easier than ever for them to get better nutrition into their daily lives. We're super passionate about the work that we do and we're on the hunt for a fellow self-starter to join our ambitious bunch.
We hope you'll indulge us as we toot our own horn a little. We currently have over 40 products sold nationwide at retailers including Target, CVS, Safeway, Whole Foods, Walmart and many more. We got off to a fast start and have already been recognized as a successful, transformational brand in both the supplement and nutrition categories. As you can imagine we need more rock stars to help us continue the pace as we have high hopes for our future.
OK, one last tidbit or two - in 2019 we joined our friends over at Unilever to help us grow OLLY into a global brand. We are also a B-Corp, so doing social good is built into our DNA and we're headquartered in the heart of San Francisco with a culture that reflects the friendly, optimistic and health-minded values of the brand. Our goal is to build a uniquely special company and brand that will make us all proud!
BUT ENOUGH ABOUT US LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU
You are welcome at OLLY for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what healthy means to you. Our products are for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and shine. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find our inspiration to help people be happy from the inside out.
THE ROLE: REGULATORY AFFAIRS DIRECTOR
The Regulatory Affairs (RA) Director serves as the company’s expert on regulatory compliance, providing direction, advice, and insights on existing, new and emerging regulations as well as regulatory compliance + enforcement initiatives. You will bring deep expertise and operational experience in the dietary supplement category, having strong knowledge and experience in establishing regulatory processes and procedures to support OLLY’s growing portfolio. This expertise will enable OLLY to continue to grow as a competitive and agile business, enabling speed to market and competitive product claims, within regulated industry segments. This role reports to the VP QA/RA and manages one direct report.
- Provide direction, advice, and insights into regulatory compliance including- ingredient review + safety assessment, label and supplement facts panel review, claims substantiation review, marketing material review including webpages, social media + print material, adverse effect monitoring and reporting
- Strong credibility to the voice and opinions of Regulatory Affairs, using creative and deep regulatory insight to solve problems + identify win-win solutions proactively
- Ensure applicable legal documentation is filed including FDA 30-Day structure/Function Claims Notifications, Supplement OWL, and any third-party certifications
- Keep Current with developing laws + regulations through participation in industry trade association, training, conferences and webinars
- Serve as primary liaison with legal counsel on questions related to product claims and advertising
- Work with Contract Manufacturers to assure all RA requirements are met
- Develop and maintain strong strategic relationship with key internal and external stakeholders
- Communicate progress, problems, and plans as appropriate & elevate issues requiring attention
- Manage + Develop capabilities and agility of the Regulatory Affairs team
CAPABILITIES + SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in an applied science
- 8-10 years experience in the regulated industry
- Comprehensive knowledge of laws and regulations in an FDA regulated environment, pertaining to the manufacture and marketing of dietary supplements
- Knowledge of nutrition and health sciences
- Knowledge of DSHEA and GMPs
- Ability to lead in a collaborative work environment and a hands-on approach to problem solving
- Superior facilitation and communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment handling multiple concurrent assignments
- Ability to communicate complicated scientific information to a non-technical audience to influence a better result
- Willingness to “roll up sleeves” to get the job done
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA relocation support will be provided for out-of-area candidates. (Hybrid - 1 day in office (Tuesdays) / 4 days WFH)
HOURS: full time, exempt (salary)
MANAGER: VP QA/RA
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. For all OLLY positions, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to be eligible for employment. Religious and/or medical accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis