WE'RE HERE TO BRING DELIGHT TO THE WORLD OF NUTRITION
OLLY is a fast-growing company working to bring simplicity and delight to the world of nutrition. Yes, stuff like vitamins and probiotics. We see only upside in the opportunity to transform the category experience. Not only that, we believe you can't have happy without healthy. And isn't true happiness where it's at? So we've made it our personal mission to help people make healthy choices by making it easier than ever for them to get better nutrition into their daily lives. We're super passionate about the work that we do and we're on the hunt for a fellow self-starter to join our ambitious bunch.
We hope you'll indulge us as we toot our own horn a little. We currently have over 40 products sold nationwide at retailers including Target, CVS, Safeway, Whole Foods, Walmart and many more. We got off to a fast start and have already been recognized as a successful, transformational brand in both the supplement and nutrition categories. As you can imagine we need more rock stars to help us continue the pace as we have high hopes for our future.
OK, one last tidbit or two - in 2019 we joined our friends over at Unilever to help us grow OLLY into a global brand. We are also a B-Corp, so doing social good is built into our DNA and we're headquartered in the heart of San Francisco with a culture that reflects the friendly, optimistic and health-minded values of the brand. Our goal is to build a uniquely special company and brand that will make us all proud!
BUT ENOUGH ABOUT US LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU
You are welcome at OLLY for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what healthy means to you. Our products are for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and shine. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find our inspiration to help people be happy from the inside out.
THE ROLE: VP OPERATIONS
We are on the hunt for a super talented, strategic, and highly collaborative visionary to lead our Operations team as our VP of Operations. Reporting to the CEO, you will be a valuable member of the Leadership Team and oversee all functional areas of Operations at OLLY. You will drive key decisions on all operational matters to ensure OLLY delivers or exceeds our objectives and key results (OKR’s). You will lead the Operations Team to deliver an efficient best in class Supply Chain, Sourcing, Project Management, Customer Service, Logistics, and Contract Manufacturing and will manage five director-level direct reports. The VP Ops will think outside the box and provide solutions to quickly solve challenges that arise in a fast paced environment.
- Manage and optimize the global supply chain with multiple 3rd party manufacturing and distribution locations
- Lead and manage cross-functional disciplines, including S+OP, Supply Planning, Procurement, Co-Pack Management, Logistics, Customer Service and Project Management
- Recruit, Develop and lead the Operations team to scale to $500MM+ including all systems and processes to ensure success
- Drive gross margin and cost savings improvements to ensure OLLY delivers on Operating Plan
- Ensure KPI’s are measured and met including all service, working capital, and relevant operational KPI’s
- Provide operational expertise to the OLLY LT to drive overall business performance as well as providing impactful points of view on all OLLY strategic decisions
- Lead operational aspects of OLLY International expansion to ensure global launches are on-time in addition to establishing strategy for short and long term supply that delivers on International OKR’s
- Partner with the Unilever Health & Wellbeing Collective on key supply chain initiatives
You are adept at building strong relationships at all levels of an organization and delivering best-in-class customer service. You have a passion for partnership, engagement and for being an overall ambassador of our values (R.E.S.P.E.C.T, Transparent, Optimistic, Disruptive, Helpful). You know how to get things done but when you need help you ask for it, no task is too small. You are proactive, highly organized, self-driven and expect the best from yourself - you genuinely see the cup half full, even under pressure. You're looking for a job where no two days are the same and you have the opportunity to grow with the company. You like to solve problems and you want to work as an integral part of a team that makes great things happen.
CAPABILITIES + SKILLS REQUIRED
- 15-20 years of demonstrated success in Supply Chain and Operations in a CPG
- A proven leader that has managed high performing teams and can build/scale for growth
- Strong negotiation skills and supplier relationship management experience
- Cross functional Leadership skills; ability to understand impact to decisions on Sales, Brand + Marketing, Product and Finance
- Strong P+L knowledge
- Experience in scaling and improving efficiencies in supply chain planning and logistics
- A deep knowledge and sales experience in working with all mass trade channels (Grocery, Drug, Mass, Natural, Specialty, E-Commerce)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and innovative sensibility
- A true “Team Player” who can work cross-functionally to achieve results
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA relocation support will be provided for out-of-area candidates. (Hybrid - 1 day in office (Tuesdays) / 4 days WFH)
HOURS: full time, exempt (salary)
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. For all OLLY positions, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to be eligible for employment. Religious and/or medical accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.