WE'RE HERE TO BRING DELIGHT TO THE WORLD OF NUTRITION
OLLY is a fast-growing company working to bring simplicity and delight to the world of nutrition. Yes, stuff like vitamins and probiotics. We see only upside in the opportunity to transform the category experience. Not only that, we believe you can't have happy without healthy. And isn't true happiness where it's at? So we've made it our personal mission to help people make healthy choices by making it easier than ever for them to get better nutrition into their daily lives. We're super passionate about the work that we do and we're on the hunt for a fellow self-starter to join our ambitious bunch.
We hope you'll indulge us as we toot our own horn a little. We currently have over 40 products sold nationwide at retailers including Target, CVS, Safeway, Whole Foods, Walmart and many more. We got off to a fast start and have already been recognized as a successful, transformational brand in both the supplement and nutrition categories. As you can imagine we need more rock stars to help us continue the pace as we have high hopes for our future.
OK, one last tidbit or two - in 2019 we joined our friends over at Unilever to help us grow OLLY into a global brand. We are also a B-Corp, so doing social good is built into our DNA and we're headquartered in the heart of San Francisco with a culture that reflects the friendly, optimistic and health-minded values of the brand. Our goal is to build a uniquely special company and brand that will make us all proud!
BUT ENOUGH ABOUT US LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU
You are welcome at OLLY for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what healthy means to you. Our products are for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and shine. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find our inspiration to help people be happy from the inside out.
THE ROLE: PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The Product Development Manager is responsible for leading the development and optimization of dietary supplement and food products. This role will own the optimization and improvements of existing commercialized products to support business continuity and will be the primary point of contact for all internal and external development activities including commercialization.
The Product Development Manager reports directly to the Product Development Director and will partner with cross-functional team members to meet company deliverables.
• Lead all development efforts to support existing commercial products
• Manage all aspects of continuous product improvement related to stability, secondary sourcing and technical transfers
• Work with Innovation Manager on flavor, color, sensory improvements of existing products
• Partner with sourcing and innovation team in identifying new comans for existing delivery formats
• Develop briefs, specifications, formula cards and nutritionals for labels throughout commercialization process
• Initiate and support qualification and sourcing of secondary raw materials, highlighting supply chain, regulatory and cost implications as appropriate
• Identify cost savings opportunities and develop formula costing in collaboration with finance
• Manage development timelines to ensure project milestones are met
• Be the technical expert for projects and communicate updates to key stakeholders
• Manage day-to-day activities required to keep project in scope and on time
• Proactively identify project risks and offer solutions to mitigate the risk
• Assist in the creation of product documentation to ensure regulatory compliance
• Explore new technologies, ingredients and processes that support continuous product improvement
• Support changes and approval of product labels in partnership with cross-functional teams
• Partner with Quality to maintain product quality throughout the product lifecycle post commercialization
• Support the development of processes and test plans that meet or exceed GMPs
You are technically proficient and are great at forging strong relationships with internal and external partners. You like to own your projects and want to deliver them proudly at the finish line on brief and within budget. You’re confident in your skills and use them with enthusiasm to encourage others to see your vision. You like to solve problems and you want to work as an integral part of a team that makes great things happen.
CAPABILITIES + SKILLS REQUIRED
• 6-8 years experience in dietary supplement and/or food product development
• Bachelor's Degree in Food Science/Technology, Biology, Chemistry, Engineering or a related science is required, graduate degree a plus
• A proven track record of developing new products from concept to commercialization
• Experience working with co-packers and/or in a manufacturing environment
• Proven technical project expertise, including process development and scale up
• Ability to successfully operate on a manufacturing plant floor to manage product trials, changes, and production start up
• Systematic approach to problem solving
• Experience managing projects with cross-functional team participation
• An understanding of ingredient sourcing and functionality in foods/supplements
• Ability to work effectively with cross-functional, non-technical teams
• Experience creating product documentation and stability protocols that meet regulatory requirements
• Knowledge of the requirements of CFR Part 110 and 111
• Transparent, open communicator
• Ability to connect with people and establish true partnerships
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA - priority will be given to local candidates; relocation support will be provided for out-of-area candidates.
HOURS: full time, exempt (Hybrid: 2x/week in office)
MANAGER: Product Development Director
TRAVEL REQUIRED: 20-30%
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. For all OLLY positions, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to be eligible for employment. Religious and/or medical accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.