About the role:
In a highly competitive and saturated marketplace creating impactful fun work to help drive business is essential. To help us deliver this we are looking for a Creative Director/Art to join us as a senior member of this dedicated team, the Creative Director will be working directly for one of our growing teams.
The Creative Director will effectively and efficiently oversee and direct conceptual and design projects and will ultimately be responsible for the quality of ideas and the end-to-end design execution of jobs, from brief through to implementation and delivery. The Creative Director will have responsibility for overseeing multiple simultaneous live projects, each one typically assigned a Designer, who, in collaboration with the Project Manager, will report to the Creative Director for the duration of the project. In partnership with the Business Director, they will oversee a team of 10 which includes 6 direct reports to complete projects.
For this role you should have the ability to work on projects with fast turnaround times. Your ability to balance the needs of the client to create great work is key.
What you will be doing:
- Lead a team to create work for digital and social channels.
- Oversee a team of 10 creatives in harnessing their development and performance, in a manner that assures maximum efficiency and creativity.
- Manage, supervise, review, and audit the work of designers and art workers to ensure the creative level expected of OLIVER is being met.
- Drive maximum efficiency, productivity and the maintenance of the highest quality of creative concept, design and artwork.
- Work actively with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure the delivery of the highest level of client service from OLIVER.
- Oversee, manage and review new creative concepts to both new and existing clients.
- Be brand guardian to ensure all design collateral produced is faithful to the client’s brand guidelines.
- On occasion, undertake the design of digital collateral, to the client’s brief and exacting standards and within agreed timeframes.
- Effectively organize and prioritize workload, especially around deadline, and have the flexibility to respond to increases in workload/ tight deadlines.
What you will be doing:
- Motivate and influence the creative team to constantly strive for excellence in performance.
- Proactively monitor the quality of design projects being produced and submitted by leading internal review sessions and seeking feedback from both internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee and manage the timely delivery of all jobs / projects going through the studio, always taking into consideration the clients’ requirements and expectations.
- Investigate, propose and implement innovative ways of delivering design services to maximize efficiency and productivity.
- Actively oversee and manage team meetings, forward scheduling meetings and work review meetings.
- Manage, oversee and coordinate the sharing of knowledge and the facilitation of learning within the team and all other employees to improve business practices, refine processes, aid and promote the development of creative ideas and introduce new services.
- Organize monthly work / successes / learnings / presentations to the wider SMT team to showcase work from the studio/ team managed.
- Attend client meetings, present work, discuss needs and identify opportunities.
- Be a brand guardian to ensure all design collateral produced by the design team is faithful to the client’s brand guidelines.
- Work actively with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure the delivery of the highest level of client service from all team members.
- Manage, train and mentor staff and oversee their professional development through the setting of SMART objectives and PDPs, offering knowledge, motivation, support and experience as required, including but not limited to their creative and technical skill, to increase productivity, staff retention and enhanced staff morale.
- With the assistance of Account Lead, ensure all staff members accurately record timesheets.
What you need to be great in this role:
As the senior design practitioner within the Creative team, the Creative Director/Art will combine first-class design expertise, creativity and thought leadership with commercial acumen and leadership gravitas.
- 8-10 years of experience working on digital creative, advertising agency experience is strongly preferred
- Be hands-on with a strong focus on digital, at least 8 years of experience in digital.
- Be experienced in directing complex, commercial, design projects involving senior stakeholders and interdisciplinary creative team
- Be highly creative with the ability to generate ideas and practically contribute to design details, importantly demonstrating exceptional pure graphic design and typography skills.
- Have deep technical design skills in one or more discipline, e.g. Content Creation, Design for Digital, Brand Immersion, Events, Design for Print, User Experience, etc.
- At least 5 years of experience presenting creative ideas to clients, able to win over clients with a great idea
- Have a proven ability to influence stakeholders at all levels, including outside the design team.
- 8 years of experience managing a team of 5 or more creatives
- Have Director level written and verbal communication skills, including presenting creative ideas to clients
- Be proficient in Adobe CC, Microsoft Office and other related software.
- Be a driven, proactive, helpful, and enthusiastic team player.
OLIVER believes that agencies work better inside a brand’s organization – delivering more effective work at the speed and flexibility required to drive modern businesses forward. Using our unique methodology, and supported by bespoke technology, we design, build, and operate specialist, custom creative ecosystem with our clients. We believe that proximity enables better collaboration, leading to better marketing solutions.
Established in 2004, our model is now driven by nearly 3,000 people worldwide, working across more than 200 custom creative ecosystems in over 25 countries. We are the undisputed leader in our space, which means we carry the responsibility and humility that comes with breaking new ground, continually evolving one of the most transformative agency models in history. People who join OLIVER come to us from all stages of their careers, from entry-level to agency veteran. They find a culture of entrepreneurism, direct and meaningful client impact, deep collaboration across offices and teams, and frankly, a bit of the unknown. If you’re most comfortable in safe, predictable environments, OLIVER may not be for you. That said, we will also give you the support, tools, feedback, and recognition to be your best – we want you to achieve what you strive for. The opportunities for growth are as wide as you can make them.
Our Values and how to live them
- Ambition. You look for opportunities to deliver greater value to those around you
- Imagination. You identify a range of solutions to problems
- Inspiration. You lead by example and encourage others
- Inclusion. You are actively pro-inclusive and anti-racist across our community, clients and creations
- Learning. You have excellent listening skills that helps you to learn from our clients and those around you
- Results. You accept responsibility for your action
As an employer we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you need us to make any adjustments to make your application process easier please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org