About the Role:
OLIVER is hiring a Designer to join our new team in Toronto. In this role, you will work with other creatives designing across digital, emails, landing pages, banners, "in-store", microsites, marketing collateral and infographics. This is a fast paced role taking projects from concept through to completion.
What you will be doing:
The Designer will be responsible for designing, managing and producing design concepts through to full stage for a wide variety of outputs. This role will work under the direction of a Senior Art Director and work with a creative team to execute on designs. As an ideal candidate, you have experience working at an advertising agency or design firm and have a dense portfolio of great print and online work.
You will be working within brand guidelines, producing design and artwork to the client’s brief and exacting standards. You will proactively manage projects within agreed timescales taking into account quality, accuracy and consistency.
What you need to be great in this role:
- Ability to design high quality work within brand guidelines and within an agreed timeframe
- Ability to challenge a creative brief both verbally and through delivery of creative options
- Ability to build and articulate a clear rationale for the presented creative routes
- Advanced skills in; Creative Suite Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, awareness of UX/UI
- A keen sense of personal responsibility for the quality control, presentation and accuracy of all work
- Capability for taking creative briefs from clients and account team, taking personal responsibility for quality of output on allocated jobs and liaison with clients where necessary
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in design with equal comfort in print and digital
- Fluent in Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver) knowledge of MS Office, HTML & CSS
- Own a rich portfolio of relevant work examples - digital, banners, in-store, event materials, collateral, icons, infographics, brochures and campaigns
- Must be hands on and enjoy working with a team
- 3 years of experience designing for print and digital at a design firm or advertising agency
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Willingness to accept feedback and iterate over designs in a highly-collaborative, low-ego team environment
- Curiosity, creativity, and ambition
OLIVER believes that agencies work better inside a brand’s organization – delivering more effective work at the speed and flexibility required to drive modern businesses forward. Using our unique methodology, and supported by bespoke technology, we design, build, and operate specialist, custom creative ecosystem with our clients. We believe that proximity enables better collaboration, leading to better marketing solutions.
Established in 2004, our model is now driven by nearly 3,000 people worldwide, working across more than 200 custom creative ecosystems in over 25 countries. We are the undisputed leader in our space, which means we carry the responsibility and humility that comes with breaking new ground, continually evolving one of the most transformative agency models in history. People who join OLIVER come to us from all stages of their careers, from entry-level to agency veteran. They find a culture of entrepreneurism, direct and meaningful client impact, deep collaboration across offices and teams, and frankly, a bit of the unknown. If you’re most comfortable in safe, predictable environments, OLIVER may not be for you. That said, we will also give you the support, tools, feedback, and recognition to be your best – we want you to achieve what you strive for. The opportunities for growth are as wide as you can make them.
Our Values and how to live them
- Ambition. You look for opportunities to deliver greater value to those around you
- Imagination. You identify a range of solutions to problems
- Inspiration. You lead by example and encourage others to do the same
- Learning. You have excellent listening skills that helps you to learn from our clients and those around you.
- Results. You accept responsibility for your actions
As an employer we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you need us to make any adjustments to make your application process easier please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org