About the role:
OLIVER Agency is seeking a Senior Strategist — half storyteller, half detective, half visionary. That’s right, three halves.
The individual who is right for this position knows that the “ask” is never just the “ask” -- they are capable and excited to push the brief to new heights, contribute to the creative process to elevate the work, and spends a lot of their lives thinking “this is good, but how can it be great?”
We are in search of a natural leader -- someone who clients rely on for advice, who creative teams lean on for counsel and inspiration, and who feels as comfortable alone with a whiteboard as they do on a stage pitching a brave idea.
Respectful, but provocative -- this individual is always pushing on the process and colleagues to make things just a little bit more impactful -- but beyond all that great thinking, knows how to get stuff done. Pen-to-paper, this individual can craft the first “arc” of a deck story like no one else.
This individual is multidisciplinary — leading the planning and execution of digital and social strategy projects with a focus on content strategy, ecosystem planning, social media strategy, and creative strategy. They are fascinated with human beings, brands, and making an impact. They are on track to be team leaders, and understand that thoughtfulness, empathy, and natural curiosity are necessary components in good strategy. They can craft an impactful story, backed with evidence, and dripping with vision.
Long story short -- the person who is right for this job has a ton of enthusiasm, experience, and vision. And loves briefs.
What you will be doing:
- Experience collaborating closely with creative teams on the conception and execution of cross-channel content
- Experience with challenging briefs and unclear objectives
- Can turn around creative briefs and presentation up-front with little context
- A known team leader -- comfortable earning trust and building relationships with leadership internally and externally
- Experience leading discovery and planning conversations with clients to help them understand how to leverage digital to accomplish their objectives
- Experience developing and presenting pitches and have the ability to effectively sell an idea
- Working knowledge of best practices in digital and social across major platforms with the ability to develop custom strategies based on the unique needs of our clients
- Experience developing project proposals, timelines, hours, budgets, and plans for many types of projects and be able to own the planning of digital and social projects
- Able to think at the macro level about how brand strategies translate into marketing strategies and pull them through to the tactical level
- Experience working in CPG
- Knowledgeable of trends in digital and social, how to apply them in marketing, and be able to stay up-to-date with trends across various target audiences
- Experience conducting primary and secondary audience research for data and insights as well as turning that research into thoughtful, streamlined, structured stories that set up strategies and creative ideas
- Entrepreneurial in mindset and have the ability to understand people’s needs, identify opportunities, and build relationships with stakeholders to act on them
What you will need to be great in this role:
- 5+ years of experience as in the planner/strategist discipline
- Digital advertising agency experience is a plus
- Complete fluency in the digital and social ecosphere
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Energetic and highly proactive
- Outstanding communication and written skills
OLIVER believes that agencies work better inside a brand’s organization – delivering more effective work at the speed and flexibility required to drive modern businesses forward. Using our unique methodology, and supported by bespoke technology, we design, build, and operate specialist, custom creative ecosystem with our clients. We believe that proximity enables better collaboration, leading to better marketing solutions.
Established in 2004, our model is now driven by nearly 3,000 people worldwide, working across more than 200 custom creative ecosystems in over 25 countries. We are the undisputed leader in our space, which means we carry the responsibility and humility that comes with breaking new ground, continually evolving one of the most transformative agency models in history. People who join OLIVER come to us from all stages of their careers, from entry-level to agency veteran. They find a culture of entrepreneurism, direct and meaningful client impact, deep collaboration across offices and teams, and frankly, a bit of the unknown. If you’re most comfortable in safe, predictable environments, OLIVER may not be for you. That said, we will also give you the support, tools, feedback, and recognition to be your best – we want you to achieve what you strive for. The opportunities for growth are as wide as you can make them.
Our Values and how to live them
- Ambition. You look for opportunities to deliver greater value to those around you
- Imagination. You identify a range of solutions to problems
- Inspiration. You lead by example and encourage others to do the same
- Learning. You have excellent listening skills that helps you to learn from our clients and those around you.
- Results. You accept responsibility for your actions
As an employer we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you need us to make any adjustments to make your application process easier please let us know by emailing email@example.com