About the role:
As the Senior Art Director of Beauty you will be an experienced digitally focused designer, comfortable taking design projects from creative brief to completion, providing new ideas and creativity while working closely with the client’s brand guidelines. You will be producing design to the client’s brief and exacting standards while positively influencing clients with your creative input in addition to undertaking and pitching new creative concepts.
You will work as part of a team designing and producing digital/social media campaigns. The day to day work will consist of developing 360 social media content calendars; including Instagram infeed, Stories, Snapchat, Facebook, twitter, and whatever the social media world has coming for us! A few of the brands this person would create social content for are taking a stand on sustainability by using No Parabens, No Dyes, 100% Recyclable Packs and are Certified Cruelty-Free! Our ideal candidate enjoys working in a fast-paced environment as part of a team!
**This role will be a part of our on-site team in Englewood Cliffs, NJ at Unilever North America Headquarters. Our team rides a convenient Unilever shuttle to and from Manhattan, Brooklyn, and parts of New Jersey. We also allow our team members to work offsite 2 day a week.
What you will be doing:
- Producing beautiful and innovative designs for our client’s digital applications and social media channels
- To be responsible for the full design lifecycle from concept to execution
- To develop a deep understanding of target audiences and the client’s marketing strategy to deliver high quality results that have an instant, positive impact on the consumer, promoting products and brands
- To pitch creative solutions in response to marketing strategies
- To oversee and manage the preparation of all finished files that will comply with the correct output specifications
What you need to be great in this role:
- 5-7 years of experience
- Experience working on beauty, personal care or lifestyle brands a must.
- Social Media Best Practices and knowledge A MUST (Paid and Organic)
- Strong design skills
- A passion for design and conception
- You'll have a deep affinity with layout, typography and idea-generation
- Ability to take ownership of projects from concept through to completion
- Consistent record of taking on, interpreting and delivering design projects within agreed deadlines
- Attention to detail with the ability to work under own initiative
- Adapting existing assets to reimagine into new assets
- Excellent experience working closely with clients during kick-off
- Confident in bringing your own innovative ideas and creativity to projects whilst working within a broad range of design guidelines across a variety of design collateral
- Strong client liaison
- Able to effectively understand and execute against specific brand guidelines
- Effectively organizing and prioritizing workloads to manage client delivery while simultaneously influencing clients with your own ideas and conceptual creativity
- Ability to multitask, take initiative, work efficiently, and be flexibly when quick turnaround projects come up
- Direct alongside a Creative Director and manage product and social/lifestyle photo shoots (come up with prop ideas, art direction, etc), while working hand in hand with production team
- Excellent Adobe Creative Suite (illustrator, photoshop, InDesign, etc.) skills
- Understanding of design principles and an awareness of UX, UI and Responsive Design trends - it is ideal but not essential
- Design experience with an emphasis on digital and social
- Confident and comfortable working in a fast-paced, changing client environment
- A passionate and inspiring creative
- The aptitude to learn new software and programs efficiently and effectively
- Collaborative team player, open minded
- Driven, proactive, helpful, and enthusiastic team player.
OLIVER believes that agencies work better inside a brand’s organization – delivering more effective work at the speed and flexibility required to drive modern businesses forward. Using our unique methodology, and supported by bespoke technology, we design, build, and operate specialist, custom creative ecosystem with our clients. We believe that proximity enables better collaboration, leading to better marketing solutions.
Established in 2004, our model is now driven by nearly 3,000 people worldwide, working across more than 200 custom creative ecosystems in over 25 countries. We are the undisputed leader in our space, which means we carry the responsibility and humility that comes with breaking new ground, continually evolving one of the most transformative agency models in history. People who join OLIVER come to us from all stages of their careers, from entry-level to agency veteran. They find a culture of entrepreneurism, direct and meaningful client impact, deep collaboration across offices and teams, and frankly, a bit of the unknown. If you’re most comfortable in safe, predictable environments, OLIVER may not be for you. That said, we will also give you the support, tools, feedback, and recognition to be your best – we want you to achieve what you strive for. The opportunities for growth are as wide as you can make them.
Our Values and how to live them
- Ambition. You look for opportunities to deliver greater value to those around you
- Imagination. You identify a range of solutions to problems
- Inspiration. You lead by example and encourage others to do the same
- Learning. You have excellent listening skills that helps you to learn from our clients and those around you.
- Results. You accept responsibility for your actions
As an employer we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
If you need us to make any adjustments to make your application process easier please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org