Job Title: Social Marketing Specialist
Location: Tokyo, Japan
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE ROLE:
YouTube has seen tremendous growth in Japan. Millions of Japanese users use YouTube to enjoy a diverse range of content produced by a dynamic and vibrant creator and partner ecosystem.
In Japan, we recently launched YouTube Shorts to usher YouTube in its next phase of growth, a big bet in a nascent yet rapidly growing space. We’re looking for an expert in the domain of short format video content who also understands social platforms and YouTube.
As the YouTube Shorts Social Marketing Specialist, you will play an instrumental role in identifying and inspiring content that Japanese creators produce using Shorts. You will work in close collaboration with internal cross functional teams, external partners and agencies to identify content trends and drive adoption for the same among the Japanese creator community.
You will be the owner of YouTube Japan’s YouTube channel and own the mandate of communicating our brand voice using Shorts, Stories & Community Management..
You will bring to life go-to-market plans for shorts content across owned & operated channels, social, influencer, virtual events and paid media.
You are great at execution, mobilize quickly, love to develop amazing creative ideas, enjoy dabbling with data to tell a good story, and make compelling presentations that excite global, regional and cross-functional stakeholders, as well as external partners.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Drive creator usage and adoption of YouTube Shorts through the power of content on owned social media channels and influencer activations.
- Manage social channel and content calendar Twitter and YouTube
- Analyze successes, failures, learnings and way forward on initiatives and experiments
- Drive conversations between creators and brand YouTube on Shorts content
- Work with internal and external partners to identify content ideas as well as drive Shorts adoption
- Execute go-to-market plans and campaigns for Shorts trends
- Scope involves:
- Managing agencies and providing feedback on content and campaign ideas
- Campaign strategy and management
- Community building and responses
- Reporting and measurement
- Must be comfortable with:
- Writing social media briefs
- Analyzing social media data
- Working with cross functional and regional teams
- Constant experimentation and content innovations by identifying breakthrough content opportunities
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE GREAT IN THIS ROLE:
Minimum Qualifications (MQs)
- 5 years of relevant experience in social media management / content marketing roles across agencies or client side
- Proficiency in project management and marketing execution across channels and markets
- Experience with short form video and working with creative teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong strategic thinking and comfortable with data backed decision making
- Proficiency in English and Japanese for liaison with counterparts and stakeholders
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Established in 2004, we are the first and only company to design, build and run bespoke in-house agencies and ecosystems for brands. Today, we create work that delivers business growth, fame and purpose for over 200 clients in 46 countries and counting.
Our unique model moves at the speed of modern business to drive change from the inside out; working smarter to make our clients’ money go further, and helping them build better solutions, systems and brands. Client solutions include Unilever’s U-Studio (a platform used by almost three-quarters of Unilever's brands globally), adidas’ off-shore hub and PepsiCo’s global digital team.
In 2020 we were ranked #1 in Adweek’s Fastest Growing list (US) and featured in The Drum’s Honours List of the best businesses that helped shape the year.
We are part of the Inside Ideas Group (IIG), which combines specialisms from Adjust Your Set (content and culture), Dare (design, experience and engineering) and Aylesworth Fleming (property marketing).
OUR VALUES AND HOW TO LIVE THEM:
Ambition – you look for opportunities to deliver greater value to those around you.
Imagination – you identify a range of solutions to problems.
Inclusion – to be actively pro-inclusive and anti-racist across our community, clients and creations.
Inspiration – you lead by example and encourage others to do the same.
Learning – you have excellent listening skills that helps you to learn from our clients and those around you.
Results – you accept responsibility for your actions.
Inside Ideas Group and its’ affiliates are equal opportunity employers committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All [suitable] applicants shall be considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.