ROLE: UI Designer
LOCATION: UK (Edinburgh or London- remote)
Reporting to the Senior UX Designer, and working to support our clients, the UI Designer is part of a team of 2-3 other Oliver UX Designers. The team work on-site in Edinburgh to create powerful and impactful web and app designs, as well as on-going Enterprise Design System. Their aim is to enhance users’ satisfaction, by creating products and interfaces that are intuitive, simple, efficient and accessible.
THIS ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF...
You are someone who wants to work closer with clients and brands, who are entrepreneurial, a self-starter and relish the opportunity to be a part of something dynamic. Someone with passion about design and all things digital. Someone who can take projects and deliver them within the set timeframe in a professional structured manner.
ABOUT THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING
The UX Designer will be part of the bigger client's on-site and remote based teams. The core UXD Team consists of 8 people across 4 different time zones, with the wider Web and Dev Teams also being in the Edinburgh office.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE
- Developing UI mock-ups illustrating how sites function using wireframes, mood boards and process flows
- Designing graphical user interface elements, digital modules, dashboards, and web pages
- Troubleshooting potential UX problems
- Working closely with and communicating confidently with clients
- Preparing and presenting mock-ups and prototypes to internal teams and clients
- Modifying designs and mock-ups based on agency and client feedback
- Helping to develop site maps and website structures
- Working with web developers and project managers to create excellent, usable, and accessible digital experiences
- Reviewing and improving the usability, accessibility and aesthetics of websites and digitals products, in line with the Customer's brand strategy and vision
- Identify opportunities, through analytics, competitive analysis and user research
- Be an integral part of the cross functional delivery of the product strategy
- Partner with Design & Brand teams to monitor and influence delivery of Brand for digital products
- Provide communication to stakeholders, clients, related teams and agency partners on UX findings and recommendations when required
- Working in the UXD team of 8, but part of the wider Web Team at FT.
- No direct reports.
- Work across the breadth of Franklin’s web and digital products.
WHAT SKILLS WILL HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL
- A solid understanding in conceptualising, designing, and creating first-class product experiences for the product’s consumers.
- Excellent client engagement skills with the ability to proactively organise and influence clients by building strong and effective working relationships
- An aptitude for filtering, prioritising and managing workflow to increase efficiency and productivity
- Proficient using Figma, Adobe Suite, and Axure.
- A strong understanding of responsive and mobile-first design
- A strong understanding of human behaviour on the web
- Experienced using UX tools to evaluate and test user journeys
- A basic understanding of front-end development, and an ability to communicate design ideas to development teams
- A true passion for good design principles and an eye for modern, user-centred design and accessibility
- An abundance of ideas and a love of problem-solving; Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work to deadlines
- The ability to work independently and as part of a creative agency team; and an understanding of UX and UI compromise when using 3rd party digital platforms.
- Advantage if experienced with (but not essential):
- An understanding of BloomReach CMS
- An understanding of Agile Methodology
- Experience with Jira or Workfront
- HTML and CSS knowledge and understanding an advantage
- Knowledge of best practice visual asset design for interpreting and applying multichannel campaigns and products across digital experience.
- Experience in the Financial sector a plus.
- Experience working with CMS, Web and App products.
6+ years of relevant experience in:
- Web Design
- Animation for Web
- Print (not essential but helpful)
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Lots of agencies say they're different. OLIVER is.
OLIVER believes that agencies work better inside a brand's organisation; delivering more effective work at the speed required to drive modern businesses forward. Using our unique Inside Intelligence methodology, we build specialist, dedicated in-house agencies that collaborate with clients to form better marketing solutions.
Established in 2004, our model is now driven by over 4000 people, working across more than 200 in-house agencies globally. Clients include The Guardian, Unilever, Barclaycard, PepsiCo, AXA, The AA, Adidas, BMW, Post Office, and 3M. OLIVER is part of the Inside Ideas Group (IIG), which also includes a global content agency to Adjust your Set, design, experience, and engineering company DARE and property marketing specialists Aylesworth Fleming.
We are a company built on our values, we have given you a brief overview below but would love to tell you more.
Be Ambitious to succeed
Be Imaginative to push the boundaries of what’s possible
Be Inspirational to do groundbreaking work
Be always learning and listening to understand
Be Results-focused to exceed expectations
Job ID: 5768
We've set ambitious, market-leading environmental and social goals around sustainability at OLIVER. We have committed to be net zero by 2030 and take far reaching action on DE&I in the sector. We expect everyone to contribute to our mission, embedding sustainability into every department and through every stage of the project lifecycle.
Inside Ideas Group and its’ affiliates are equal opportunity employers committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All [suitable] applicants shall be considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.