Location: Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Working in partnership with our client, the Copywriter combines content project planning, investigative research, copy, and script writing. They are experts in storytelling and writing for a digital audience
THIS ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF...
You can create inspiring and exciting content that achieves reach and engagement across multi-channel.
ABOUT THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING
The Brand Copywriter works closely with the other studio team-members on the planning, style of content and optimisation for search.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE
• To understand the importance of telling stories.
• To be responsible for writing, research and ideation of innovative content that encourages readership and sharing.
• To write short and long-form articles for print and online.
• To adapt existing content for new markets.
• To combine an authoritative voice and consumer education with comprehensive marketing integration.
• To work closely with clients to create strong concepts from initial briefing.
• To set tone and drive creativity, working closely with the studio team to ensure creative excellence.
• To maintain a high awareness of relevant trending topics to identify content opportunities.
• To be responsible for working with internal teams to gather input and validate content.
• To ensure consistency and quality across all written content.
WHAT SKILLS WILL HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL
• 4+ years writing in corporate and. creative environment with a solid portfolio.
• Experience of publishing through social media channels and / or content management systems.
• A thorough understanding of publishing content across multiple media platforms and the intricacies associated with each.
• Creative and meticulous in the use of language and data; developing concise and engaging text.
• Demonstrated ability to combine and translate complex material from different contexts into stories and content that engages and resonates with target audiences.
• The difference between “there”, “their” and “they’re” is essential, along with where to use a comma versus a full-stop. Not kidding.
• Confident and comfortable working in a fast-paced and evolving client environment.
• A passionate and inspiring writer.
• Self-motivated, working with little supervision.
• Collaborative team player, open-minded and apolitical.
• Discrete about confidential internal and client information.
• Driven, proactive, helpful, and enthusiastic team player.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Lots of agencies say they're different. OLIVER is.
OLIVER believes that agencies work better inside a brand's organisation; delivering more effective work at the speed required to drive modern businesses forward. Using our unique Inside Intelligence methodology, we build specialist, dedicated in-house agencies that collaborate with clients to form better marketing solutions.
Established in 2004, our model is now driven by over 4000 people, working across more than 200 in-house agencies globally. Clients include The Guardian, Unilever, Barclaycard, PepsiCo, AXA, The AA, Adidas, BMW, Post Office, and 3M. OLIVER is part of the Inside Ideas Group (IIG), which also includes a global content agency to Adjust your Set, design, experience, and engineering company DARE and property marketing specialists Aylesworth Fleming.
We are a company built on our values, we have given you a brief overview below but would love to tell you more.
Be Ambitious to succeed
Be Imaginative to push the boundaries of what’s possible
Be Inspirational to do groundbreaking work
Be always learning and listening to understand
Be Results-focused to exceed expectations
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
Follow us on Instagram
Job Id: 5542
Inside Ideas Group and its’ affiliates are equal opportunity employers committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All [suitable] applicants shall be considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.