Role: Design Lead
We are looking for a digital focussed Design Lead to join OLIVER, working on one of our key FMCG/healthcare accounts based in Reading.
KEY FOCUS AREAS IN THIS ROLE:
- Campaign ideation & storyboarding
- Personalised Online Video (OLV)
- Paid & Organic Social, DOOH
- Brand development and expression
- Creative quality control
- Monitoring creative excellence with CreativeX
- eComm (A+/brand stores, web, eCRM)
BREAKDOWN OF YOUR TIME:
- Hands-on creative and design work 35%
- Leading, mentoring, quality control and directing of designers/creatives 35%
- Client-facing, external partner relationship, brief dissecting/optimising 30%
ABOUT THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING
You will lead the design direction of two UK and North Europe teams in response to briefs and come up with creative solutions.
You will work closely with Account Director, EMEA Design Lead, Executive Creative Director, Planner, Project Manager, Content Writer, Community Manager, four Designers, and the clients to ensure projects are delivered on-brief, on-brand, on-time, and with maximum creative impact.
It is a hybrid role split between hands-on design, leading, and directing two teams, and client relationships with key brand stakeholders.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE
- Leading two dedicated teams centred around design: ideation, craft, adapting of global assets, eCommerce and social amplification.
- Creatively managing an OLIVER design team on-site in the UK and North Europe team. Providing direction and design support as needed.
- Brand Guardianship across multiple products
- Responsible for building, helping to lead and maintaining effective working relationships with client stakeholders, reputation building and enabling us to continue to grow as a team
- Globally connect with our creatives across the world.
WHAT SKILLS WILL HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL
- Leading, creating and adapting a wide range of deliverables predominantly across social & digital design, being hands-on across design and ideation
- Ability to translate a campaign idea across multiple digital touchpoints
- Strong understanding of personalisation of content and audience segmentation
- Deep understanding of digital advertising (online and Social) and best practice
- Experience in CreativeX
- Fluent in Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, After Effects, Premiere, InDesign).
- Perceptive and positive client engagement skills with the ability to proactively organise and influence clients and build strong working relationships
- Ability to effectively manage people through design leadership and mentoring
- The ability to work with our project and account leaders to manage and filter workflow as well as organise and prioritise workloads to maximise productivity
- Clear and direct communication style
- Organised/detail-orientated/methodical approach to work
- Highly productive and able to multi-task across multiple brands in a fast-paced environment
- eComm & print experience
- Confident and competent team/client management skills
- The proactive, solutions-focus mindset with the sharp brief comprehension
- A deep affinity with well-crafted layouts, typography, communication hierarchy, storyboarding and idea generation
- A keen sense of personal responsibility for the quality control, presentation, and accuracy of all work.
- 4+ years’ experience as a creative designer
- Experience in animation/video editing i.e. cutdowns/changing supers/music sourcing
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Lots of agencies say they're different. OLIVER is.
OLIVER believes that agencies work better inside a brand's organisation; delivering more effective work at the speed required to drive modern businesses forward. Using our unique Inside Intelligence methodology, we build specialist, dedicated in-house agencies that collaborate with clients to form better marketing solutions.
Established in 2004, our model is now driven by over 2000 people, working across more than 200 in-house agencies globally. Clients include The Guardian, Unilever, Barclaycard, PepsiCo, AXA, The AA, Adidas, BMW, Post Office, and 3M. OLIVER is part of the Inside Ideas Group (IIG), which also includes a global content agency to Adjust your Set, design, experience, and engineering company DARE and property marketing specialists Aylesworth Fleming.
We are a company built on our values, we have given you a brief overview below but would love to tell you more.
Be Ambitious to succeed
Be Imaginative to push the boundaries of what’s possible
Be Inspirational to do groundbreaking work
Be always learning and listening to understand
Be Results-focused to exceed expectations
Job ID: 4724
Inside Ideas Group and its’ affiliates are equal opportunity employers committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All [suitable] applicants shall be considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.