Role: Account Director
Location: Panama City, Panama / hybrid working - 3 days per week will be required onsite
Account: Global retailer
Working in partnership with our client, the Account Director leads the team to create powerful and impactful communications across the world and delivering best practice and speed to market. The role delivers an exceptional level of strategic thinking in service delivery and driving efficiency through sharing assets between markets, and how to activate efficiently between markets within the region.
The Account Director is the escalation point in the market and builds strong relationships with the client at a senior level, becoming a trusted and valued advisor.
Reporting to the Senior Account Director, the Account Director oversees the team in market, and works closely with production leads.
THIS ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF...
We are looking for people who want to work closer with clients and brands, who are entrepreneurial and relish the opportunity to be a part of something new and dynamic.
ABOUT THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING
We are working with this client to build a dedicated global centralised adaptation dedicated team, which will deliver all their global localised remastering and adaptation needs.
Our team will support the client’s global markets from our centralised offices as well as being onsite/nearsite with the clients in these markets. The support will span from ecomm, social, print and their retail content needs. This team will serve as the client’s bespoke global adaptation global agency, working at the heart of their business.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE
- Work in true collaboration with the client and be responsible for Brand Guardianship on their projects to ensure that the client experience is as positive as possible. Understanding the nuances of the client and the different BU’s to deliver on different products and services.
- Line management of a team of between 1 – 5 client service members, who may sit onsite with you or remotely in a different client hub.
- Own the daily team oversight, reviews, 121s, weekly check-ins, as well as execution of campaigns, remastering and adaptation (production), run rates and client satisfaction through catchups with job owners and the weekly account/project management WIP.
- Accountable for the delivery of high-level campaign plans working with the client to understand how best to deliver, as well as management reports for the account.
- Escalation point for your local markets, if client SLA’s or internal SLA's and processes are not adhered to, or where there are process gaps. Ensure that these are captured along with a suggestion for improvement, and work with the Senior Account Director, Operations Director and relevant Production leads to rectify this.
- You will be working with our global stakeholders and providing insightful feedback. This role is key for connecting global and local teams.
- Negotiate to create win-win compromises with your client on behalf of your team members where needed.
- You ideally need to come from a background in production with a strong delivery background. You should already understand the process and nuances for delivering high volumes of adaptation work.
- Growing strong relationships with the different agencies, including their creative origination agencies, media agencies, printers etc. Being the central point to ensure we get the work from the creative agencies on time and deliver to the media agencies and printers to their timelines.
- Ideally a strong background in a retail environment, both online and offline.
WHAT SKILLS WILL HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL
- Excellent client engagement skills with the ability to proactively organise and influence clients and build strong and effective collaborative working relationships.
- Able to have the hard conversations with clients to ensure we get what we need from them to deliver on time and push back when needs be.
- Excellent account leadership skills with a developed production, visionary and creative judgment, strategic thinking on delivery and asset sharing between markets, talent management, commercial acumen and business growth.
- Solution driven and can join the dots and strategically think about how to activate efficiency between markets within the region.
- First-rate communications skills, with the ability to be articulate in person and in writing and strong presentation skills with an innate rapport build, with senior Leadership and with local markets.
- The ability to manage and develop junior team members and align their objectives to agreed KPI’s.
- A clear understanding of all OLIVER services and products and how to utilise this knowledge to the accounts advantage.
- Understanding of how to integrate with a client-side team whilst maintaining a top tier agency service.
- Highly agile, imaginative, creative with the ability to generate ideas and practically contribute to studio output.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other related software.
- Understanding the nuances of localisation both from a cultural and copy POV.
- Think strategically about how to share assets created for one market that could be leveraged by others.
8+ years of relevant experience in:
- Paid Media
- Digital & Programmatic
- Adapting and Activating Toolkits
- Working with global brands
- Strong leadership
- Strategic thinking
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Lots of agencies say they're different. OLIVER is.
OLIVER believes that agencies work better inside a brand's organisation; delivering more effective work at the speed required to drive modern businesses forward. Using our unique Inside Intelligence methodology, we build specialist, dedicated in-house agencies that collaborate with clients to form better marketing solutions.
Established in 2004, our model is now driven by over 2000 people, working across more than 200 in-house agencies globally. Clients include The Guardian, Unilever, Barclaycard, PepsiCo, AXA, The AA, Adidas, BMW, Post Office, and 3M. OLIVER is part of the Inside Ideas Group (IIG), which also includes a global content agency to Adjust your Set, design, experience, and engineering company DARE and property marketing specialists Aylesworth Fleming.
We are a company built on our values, we have given you a brief overview below but would love to tell you more.
Be Ambitious to succeed
Be Imaginative to push the boundaries of what’s possible
Be Inspirational to do groundbreaking work
Be always learning and listening to understand
Be Results-focused to exceed expectations
Job ID: 4613
Inside Ideas Group and its’ affiliates are equal opportunity employers committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All [suitable] applicants shall be considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.